Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

28 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Lyon are potentially selling Houssem Aouar and Lucas Paqueta on the cheap. If we’re not getting Bissouma I’d be happy with either of those.

As much as I’d love the player, Aouar is known to have a horrible attitude. The exact time of person we don’t want around the club.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mazrim said:

I was in a guitar shop talking to the manager - who was a Newcastle fan. I was at the till in the process of buying a £3k guitar and chatting football.
When he found out I was a Villa fan he started slagging us off, saying he'll never forgive us for the 'Sob on the Tyne' banners.

I told him I was amazed he was so annoyed by a few people having bants on the last day of the season, but he was having none of it. It was pathetic.

So, to show my maturity I cancelled the purchase and bought one online. That was him telt.

Yeah £3k on a guitar sounds a bargain 

Brendan Rodgers a little concerned?

“The challenge here becomes even greater next season,” Rodgers said. “There will be a number of clubs who will spend. There will be the so-called top six clubs, plus others who we know will invest. It’s going to be a big challenge.

“I certainly see Aston Villa as one of those teams. They have made it clear with the money they have spent since coming back to the Premier League, bringing Steven (Gerrard) in and supporting him with the players who have come in. It’s very clear that’s what they want to do (qualify for Europe).

“It’s all to do with investment. Newcastle will invest heavily in the summer to bring in a number of quality players, so they are of course going to be challenging. Aston Villa you would say so as well. West Ham, you hear about them going to invest money also. So clearly there will be more teams challenging for sure.”

Brendan Rodgers in Aston Villa and Newcastle admission as Leicester City face 'greater' challenge - Leicestershire Live (leicestermercury.co.uk)

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Aston Villa given £81m boost after quick-fire Steven Gerrard transfer spree - Birmingham Live (birminghammail.co.uk)

This re finances, and Value of players we've signed vs what we paid is also interesting.

The site assesses a player’s market value with Brazilian centre-back Carlos set to become Villa’s prize asset at £40.5million - with the club having paid a fraction of that price. Despite moments of magic Coutinho is believed to roughly match his transfer fee at £18million; while highly-rated Kamara is valued at £22.5million, having arrived for no fee.

Including the club’s business in the January transfer window - Calum Chambers (£10.8million), Lucas Digne (£27million), Robin Olsen (£1.8million) - Steven Gerrard is claimed to have boosted the value of Villa’s squad by a total £120.6million since arriving in November. Overall, Villa’s first team squad is said to be worth £453.15million, with the club’s senior players out on loan also priced at a further £58.41million.

Aside from the new signings, there are several players that were brought under Dean Smith’s tenure that have risen in value, most notably Douglas Luiz (£31.5million), doubling his transfer fee since arriving in 2019. It should be pointed out that Transfermarkt’s values may differ from the club’s own valuations - with Jacob Ramsey (£19.8million) providing a clear example.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

When u think of the top 6 and then add Villa, Newcastle, West Ham and Leicester into the mix it shows how difficult it is to become a top half club, let alone a top 6 or European qualifying club. Everton look like the need a bit of a rebuild and don't have the funds to invest in the team, they will be struggling around the lower half of the table for a few years and possibly fighting relegation for the next couple of seasons. We were saved by NSWE, another few years in the Championship with Bruce as manager and we could have been cut adrift from competing with PL clubs

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

When u think of the top 6 and then add Villa, Newcastle, West Ham and Leicester into the mix it shows how difficult it is to become a top half club, let alone a top 6 or European qualifying club. Everton look like the need a bit of a rebuild and don't have the funds to invest in the team, they will be struggling around the lower half of the table for a few years and possibly fighting relegation for the next couple of seasons. We were saved by NSWE, another few years in the Championship with Bruce as manager and we could have been cut adrift from competing with PL clubs

Everton reminds me of us in the post MON days. They can stave off relegation for a while,  but it’s inevitable.

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Aston Villa given £81m boost after quick-fire Steven Gerrard transfer spree - Birmingham Live (birminghammail.co.uk)

This re finances, and Value of players we've signed vs what we paid is also interesting.

Really interesting thanks for that.

£19m for JJ!? That’s equivalent to one Brentford player… he’s worth way more than that 

Edited by alreadyexists

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Everton reminds me of us in the post MON days. They can stave off relegation for a while,  but it’s inevitable.

Yeah, they certainly have that look about them. Richy and or DCL will no doubt leave this this summer and they may really struggle next season

3 hours ago, Mazrim said:

I was in a guitar shop talking to the manager - who was a Newcastle fan. I was at the till in the process of buying a £3k guitar and chatting football

Hope it was a nice guitar m8..I have a new custom Gibson coming from the states and I cant wait., cost me a fortune but a friend of mine got contacts there.

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Really interesting thanks for that.

£19m for JJ!? That’s equivalent to one Brentford player… he’s worth way more than that 

I am always sceptical of Transfermarkt valuations. McGinn 27m? I would say 40m, Traore 18m? I would drive him to the buying club myself, a few other valuations look a bit generous too

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

So who’s house are Gerrard and Lange turning up at tonight?  Chippy tea in hand, bet Lange loves lashings of curry sauce with his battered sausage.

Hopefully he will get to taste some Haggis and deep fried Mars bars soon

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

I'd take Richarlison all day. Think he's a great CF, just needs the right team..

Would happily have him in our squad ahead of Watkins.  Got that little nasty streak as well that’s sometimes needed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mazrim said:

I was in a guitar shop talking to the manager - who was a Newcastle fan. I was at the till in the process of buying a £3k guitar and chatting football.
When he found out I was a Villa fan he started slagging us off, saying he'll never forgive us for the 'Sob on the Tyne' banners.

I told him I was amazed he was so annoyed by a few people having bants on the last day of the season, but he was having none of it. It was pathetic.

So, to show my maturity I cancelled the purchase and bought one online. That was him telt.

So Petty GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

Would happily have him in our squad ahead of Watkins.  Got that little nasty streak as well that’s sometimes needed.

That's exactly why I'd love him.