Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Januzaj is leaving on a free. I'd say we could sign him but I don't think we can sign 2 free agents from abroad in the same window.

The only reason we can’t sign him is because it won’t be on loan 😂

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Purslow loves these perfectly timed announcements, doesn't he? Can't say I mind! First day of the off-season and he drops an atomic bomb. A real statement of intent. I'm salivating at who joins us next...

It's great for us fans - but perhaps more importantly, having Coutinho and Kamara already on board (and Digne from January) - there is a clear message to other targets.
Rather than the project 'powerpoint' (as someone brilliantly described it), we can now point at the players we have - much more real and exciting for anyone.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MNVillan said:

El Ghazi having a higher goal contribution rate than Philippe Coutinho. Un*******believable

El Ghazi isn't a bad striker; he's just too one-dimensional for the modern game and gives the ball away too easily. He'd have been much more valuable 20 years ago.

We are at an odd stage in the development of the Gerard squad. If there are player out there that will improve us I think we will go get them but we have least one be good player in every position now. 

GK: Martinez

LB: Digne

RB: Cash

LCB: Mings

RCB: Chambers/ Konsa

DM: Bouba

LCM: McGinn

RCM: Ramsey

LW: Couthino

RW: Buendia

ST: Watkins 

We might not necessarily play with this system but it’s just to show the quality of our first 11. I think we’re going to have to get top players to replace any of those 11 but I think SG will spring more Phil/ Bouba type signings. 

Been trying to think of prolific forwards who are not necessarily strikers in the traditional sense. 

Thinking that a lot of the top goal scorers these days aren’t really strikers but very good players who bag loads of goals. Sane, Jota, Son, Salah, Saka, Martinelli, all the City ones none of them are really strikers. 

If we want to progress do we need think beyond the striker and just find the most talented player we can with an eye for goal? 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I don’t personally see Tarkowski happening. I think we might make a statement signing of a CB instead given Konsa‘s injury. Chambers is ready to step up. 

Tarkowski is a decent player but not convinced he is a class above Mings, or indeed if he’s actually better than Mings at all. There must be a quality centre half in Europe who wants to try their hand in the PL, we need to find our next Laursen, Melberg… someone who has potential to turn out to be a top PL defender who can elevate us into the top half. Tarkowski would be OK but would just cement the current quality we have rather than kicking on higher

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

We are at an odd stage in the development of the Gerard squad. If there are player out there that will improve us I think we will go get them but we have least one be good player in every position now. 

GK: Martinez

LB: Digne

RB: Cash

LCB: Mings

RCB: Chambers/ Konsa

DM: Bouba

LCM: McGinn

RCM: Ramsey

LW: Couthino

RW: Buendia

ST: Watkins 

We might not necessarily play with this system but it’s just to show the quality of our first 11. I think we’re going to have to get top players to replace any of those 11 but I think SG will spring more Phil/ Bouba type signings. 

Do we have, or currently need another Left footer in Midfield?

Aside from McGinn?

Just now, Laughable Chimp said:

After the Kamara signing, the last hole in our squad is a striker. If we can get that, I think we're golden in terms of our first 11.

Changes will be made to the starting 11--especially in midfield. 

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

After the Kamara signing, the last hole in our squad is a striker. If we can get that, I think we're golden in terms of our first 11.

Need a new CB

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

urm.......not sure i agree with that!

we have DC issues, probably need another CM, defo need a striker......

might even need another AM if we are going mental.

Just now, duke313 said:

Need a new CB

I'm perfectly happy with the Chambers/Mings combo tbh. Konsa and Hause are fine as depth too

At least for where we are now. Because even with a good striker, we might be approaching a point where we have good players all over the starting 11, but many of them are just shy of being top 6 quality. Which may become a problem later.