Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Hopefully we can get our first choices.

Obviously no one knows who we are after but the player we were linked to loudest last year who we didn't get have all kicked on massively this season. The likes of Alvarez, Hickey, Ward Prowse, Abraham, (I'd even tentatively throw Betancour in there based on how he has started). Some transformation players there based on their performances. Rob MacKenzie talks about anticipating spikes in a players potential based on data and analytics and they would of all fitted that. 

My guess is that last year Ings was Purslow, Buendia (Smith), Bailey (Lange/recruitment). Since then Digne & Coutinho (Gerrard). If thats the case, that's 4 out of the last 5 that werent Lange/MacKenzie. Tbf Sanson's performances probably dented the amount of credit they have in the bank and Bailey so far hasn't helped that either. 

7 minutes ago, villanmac said:

My guess is that last year Ings was Purslow, Buendia (Smith), Bailey (Lange/recruitment). Since then Digne & Coutinho (Gerrard). If thats the case, that's 4 out of the last 5 that werent Lange/MacKenzie. Tbf Sanson's performances probably dented the amount of credit they have in the bank and Bailey so far hasn't helped that either. 

World class speculation buddy, you'd be a top journalist. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Baldricks Cunning Plan said:

If reports are to be believed, Ćaleta-Car and Boubacar Kamara turned Wolves down last summer.

Even if they aren't to be believed I'll make sure they get repeated when we sign both in the summer! 

"Mind the gap" have that you 6 fingered bastards 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, villanmac said:

All very well and good, apart from OBE has already debunked that theory.

Transfers are identified by Lange and the manager. They give Purslow the targets and he does the negotiations. This also hasn’t changed since Gerrard has arrived. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villanmac said:

Reminds me of Citeh in some ways - bought a lot of players early on, took a few years and constant cash to get it right - we seem to be similar albeit it is a different world to operate in given FFP. While this lot are not firing, we are saturating the squad with good players and if we keep layering it with talent then eventually it'll work (Provided we don't do an Everton). 

19 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Reminds me of Citeh in some ways - bought a lot of players early on, took a few years and constant cash to get it right - we seem to be similar albeit it is a different world to operate in given FFP. While this lot are not firing, we are saturating the squad with good players and if we keep layering it with talent then eventually it'll work (Provided we don't do an Everton). 

It doesn't help changing the system we play in...

10 minutes ago, paul514 said:

It doesn't help changing the system we play in...

Might do eventually. Not even sure SG is the right manager - but we'll get it right in the end with the ambition of NSWE. 

• Like 1

Listening to Gerrard's press conference today, he was almost pining for a top DM when he spoke.

I think we might be finally be fixing the 3 year long DM problem this summer......

• Thanks 1

It seems to me, there is an abundance of attacking players, always available around Europe....but Central Midfield seems a scarcity.

If a team has a good central midfielder, they lock them in a Vault.

Its going to be difficult to get a good one this summer.

Especially since we seem to crave a 6ft 6 Kanté clone who's also a world class playmaker and with PL experience and who don't want to be paid big salary and believes in the "project" and who doesn't see Villa as a stepping stone.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Maybe a swap deal where Marseille get Sanson back and we get Caleta-Car plus €5m?

That means we would value Sanson at 9 million as Caleta Car is available for 14 million. He also isnt even that good that he would start for us 

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

That means we would value Sanson at 9 million as Caleta Car is available for 14 million. He also isnt even that good that he would start for us 

Wouldn’t that mean we valued Sanson at 19, if we got CC plus cash? I wasn’t being too serious, but from the little I’ve seen and read about CC I hope he’s not meant to be a new starter.

14 minutes ago, sne said:

Especially since we seem to crave a 6ft 6 Kanté clone who's also a world class playmaker and with PL experience and who don't want to be paid big salary and believes in the "project" and who doesn't see Villa as a stepping stone.

Some clubs get by playing failed strikers in central midfield.

By the way, couldn’t Keinan Davis be a decent midfielder in a parallell world? Good size, athletic and excellent on the ball, just can’t finish.

Just now, VillaParkAvenue said:

Some clubs get by playing failed strikers in central midfield.

By the way, couldn’t Keinan Davis be a decent midfielder in a parallell world? Good size, athletic and excellent on the ball, just can’t finish.

Would not call Davis excellent on the ball even in a parallel world, especially not by midfielder standards. 😬

Just now, VillaParkAvenue said:

Ok excellent was a stretch, but I stand by him being good on the ball.

Tbf I've not watched him much since that spell he got under Bruce in the Championship years ago so my opinion on him is not fair to what kind of player he is now. I've no idea.

Maybe he could do a job in midfield but you need a quick head along with quick feet to do it. Most games you get no time on the ball at all. Especially not as a Villa player.