Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Richarlison is only 24 and played a lot of football at a top level already. He’s a good player, it’s just his attitude stinks a bit.

Calvert-Lewin has only just turned 25 but has had season of injuries. I also think he’s a decent player, although I’m aware many on here don’t rate him.

However, I wouldn’t so no to either player.

I wouldn't say yes to either. We need a clear upgrade, these guys are lateral options.

57 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I was desperately trying to be positive but you really could see he wasn't a £20m player very early. He is/was barely a Championship striker, regardless of any injury.

This is correct. He was a very limited footballer and it was painful to watch at times. I liked his desire and he seemed to have a decent attitude but the injury only sped up his departure from the club. 

The only moment that will always stick with me was when he pretended he was unconscious. That was so bizarre and probably not spoken about enough at the time. 

1 hour ago, sne said:

He's currently on £430k-480k/w according to the reports and has 1 year left on that deal. No way can we take over that deal so he either has to make a deal with Barca to cover part of his salary again. Or walk away from a lot of money for the privilege to come here. He's loaded, he might feel he's OK with that.

But then as you say there is the fee. £33m unless we can haggle. The guy is brilliant with the ball at his feet, but without it he's not much help to the rest of the team. Do we think we will be a team that is able to get him involved or will it be more of the same next season? 

It's a lot of money for a nice to have if we are going to play the same type of low possession, weak passing, no ideas football. Obviously I hope we play a better brand of football going forward.

When he joined us I thought that had all been sorted out, he would get about half his Barca salary and we would pay £33m.  It seems weird there is such an issue now.  Tbh I'd still bite their hands off at that and build the team round him.

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

When he joined us I thought that had all been sorted out, he would get about half his Barca salary and we would pay £33m.  It seems weird there is such an issue now.  Tbh I'd still bite their hands off at that and build the team round him.

Yeah I never thought that was a done deal and still don't. 

15 minutes ago, onmeedson said:

Nathan Ake might be a shout

Get Billing too and we can have all the Bournemouth dreadlock guys and confuse the carp out of the opponents.

Gallagher is a decent player in an average side but will he be a good player in a good side, which is what we would be asking.  Erm, when we are good, that is, and Steven Gerrard has spent the piggy bank.  He's a talent is Gallagher but I hope we. are punching higher than him.

Anyone seen the video of the Villa fan interview with Fabrizio Romano?

He talks about Kamara and says he has always been high on our list.of priorities.

Atletico also interested, and leading the race 🙄

Still undecided on Coutinho, salary is the issue etc.

https://www.facebook.com/100000473462841/posts/7974099932615710/

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Anyone seen the video of the Villa fan interview with Fabrizio Romano?

He talks about Kamara and says he has always been high on our list.of priorities.

Atletico also interested, and leading the race 🙄

Still undecided on Coutinho, salary is the issue etc.

https://www.facebook.com/100000473462841/posts/7974099932615710/

Yeh, saw this. I imagine he’d much rather go to Atletico? 

We do have the Prem and the money though, which could sway him..

One thing he did say was to see what happens in the coming days, so maybe this will be sorted sooner rather than later.

Gallagher would be great but would be so similar to Ramsey and we already have Aaron Ramsey coming through too as well as Chukweumeka.

Maybe if you sell Chuk and one of the more experienced 8s like Luiz, Sanson or McGinn it'd make perfect sense to bring in Gallagher but I'd still worry that we'd end up in a Gerrard/Lampard situation where we never see the best of Ramsey or Gallagher playing them together.

We should build around Ramsey. A DM and a more defensive minded 8. Allowing JJ, Buedia and Coutinho to do their thing.

Kamara/Sangare/Kondogbia and Bissouma would be ideal

5 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Gallagher would be great but would be so similar to Ramsey and we already have Aaron Ramsey coming through too as well as Chukweumeka.

Maybe if you sell Chuk and one of the more experienced 8s like Luiz, Sanson or McGinn it'd make perfect sense to bring in Gallagher but I'd still worry that we'd end up in a Gerrard/Lampard situation where we never see the best of Ramsey or Gallagher playing them together.

We should build around Ramsey. A DM and a more defensive minded 8. Allowing JJ, Buedia and Coutinho to do their thing.

Kamara/Sangare/Kondogbia and Bissouma would be ideal

That said though, if Gerrard goes back to the 2 8s as inverted fullbacks. The energy needed is insane. In that scenario we may aswell sell Chuk as he doesn't have it and Gallagher would be pretty perfect. Maybe then he could play with JJ in those roles.

I have my doubts about the system in general but JJ and Gallagher would both be about as good as we could get for those roles.

McGinn and Sanson in rotation could maybe work with it too. (McGinn of old would be perfect but perhaps just needs more regular rest in order to get his trademark stamina back)

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yeh, saw this. I imagine he’d much rather go to Atletico? 

We do have the Prem and the money though, which could sway him..

One thing he did say was to see what happens in the coming days, so maybe this will be sorted sooner rather than later.

Atletico probably pay higher salaries than us

• Like 1

Atleti wage reports vary from over £217m last season (cut to £187m this season due to their La Liga Cap) and have also seen numbers of £130-150m reported.

Conversely, we paid £51m in wages last year.

Whilst ours will be on the up, we will be a long way off Atletis probable wages and their cap will likely grow a bit this year.

• Like 1