Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

This feels a more realistic target than Kamara if I'm honest. I don't know much about him other than 'OK' WhoScored match ratings.

FBRef has him as a fantastic passer for a CB but the actual defensive metrics seem very poor. The WhoScored ratings though are OK, and not really sure how they'd be possible if his defensive stats were as poor as FBRef say. 

Anybody seen him?

Pretty sure football insider’s approach to transfer rumours is a broken clock is correct twice a day

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

This feels a more realistic target than Kamara if I'm honest. I don't know much about him other than 'OK' WhoScored match ratings.

FBRef has him as a fantastic passer for a CB but the actual defensive metrics seem very poor. The WhoScored ratings though are OK, and not really sure how they'd be possible if his defensive stats were as poor as FBRef say. 

Anybody seen him?

Same agent as Konsa and the snake.  

22 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

Pretty sure football insider’s approach to transfer rumours is a broken clock is correct twice a day

They've really got no clue have they?

Most of them I'd say.

The club have been super stealth with transfers since NSWE have been in.

Rarely do we ACTUALLY know who we are signing until it's basically done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Think that’s a bit of a myth actually. Sure, Ings and Chambers were surprises but Watkins, Buendia, Coutinho, Digne and Bailey were being speculated on for a while before the deal was done, that’s not forgetting the deals that weren’t completed eg Ward-Prowse, ESR, Bentancur. 

Im sure most clubs are discrete but agents have big gobs, always hoping for a better deal.

Agreed. Lots seem to claim we never give anything away but we've known about most of the signings. 

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Good post.

However don't assume everyone at the club (or any club) who can push for these transfers has much of a clue though.

Ings 30m

Digne £27m to loan out Targett

Big Wes £20m

Traore £20m

Ross McCormack £20m

Scott Hogan £12m

It's really easy to not buy bad players. Or massively overpay for players who have about a 20% chance of success.

If we don't do that this summer I'll be happy.

ditto

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Marseille CB Duje Caleta-Car looks to have been the guy we went to show off to, not Kamara.

It makes sense in fairness, Kamara will be going to a Champions League side or Newcastle on £300k a week.

I think West Ham tried fairly hard for Caleta-Car but he wasn't interested.

He uses the ball better than Konsa, but isn't better overall IMO. Hopefully this would facilitate a move to 3421 or 3412. Spending over £30m on a player not much better than one here wouldn't be a good start.

Is DCC left sided?

We're a bit unbalanced at the back if Hause leaves. Mings gets injured and we don't have anyone experienced left sided to slot in so makes sense to go after LCB and train them up rather than someone like Gomez when we already have Konsa and Chambers.

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Is DCC left sided?

We're a bit unbalanced at the back if Hause leaves. Mings gets injured and we don't have anyone experienced left sided to slot in so makes sense to go after LCB and train them up rather than someone like Gomez when we already have Konsa and Chambers.

He is right footed but I think he plays on the left side of defence for Marseile from the recent team sheets

• Like 1

It's not worth worrying about DCC, Football Insider are about the most unreliable source that there is, they just completely make things up. They probably saw that Gerrard was at the Marseille game and picked a random player to link us with, but made sure it wasn't Kamara as people will have already read that story eleswhere so wouldn't get as many clicks. It could well be that we were scouting someone other than Kamara, but it's likely that Football Insider has no idea.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Marseille CB Duje Caleta-Car looks to have been the guy we went to show off to, not Kamara.

It makes sense in fairness, Kamara will be going to a Champions League side or Newcastle on £300k a week.

I think West Ham tried fairly hard for Caleta-Car but he wasn't interested.

He uses the ball better than Konsa, but isn't better overall IMO. Hopefully this would facilitate a move to 3421 or 3412. Spending over £30m on a player not much better than one here wouldn't be a good start.

Any idea why he wasn't interested? I'm just wondering whether he might not be interested in a move to us, for the same reason?

14 minutes ago, John said:

Any idea why he wasn't interested? I'm just wondering whether he might not be interested in a move to us, for the same reason?

He was West Ham only wanted a loan and not buy

• Thanks 1

I imagine most of the following will go.

Targett, Hause, Guilbert, Luiz, Traore, El Ghazi, Bailey, Ings, Coutinho.

Won't miss any of them.

McGinn probably should go as he's not able to go to another level, Watkins isn't happy.

Have we pissed Buendia of by dropping him for a player who won't be there next season?

Is Digne anything other than an injury prone lightweight?

Basically HAPPY DAYS. A complete rebuild yet again because another manager can't get anything out of them. 

Can't wait to see what overhyped overpaid garbage we sign this time! I know it's all very negative but am I wrong?!

3 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

I imagine most of the following will go.

Targett, Hause, Guilbert, Luiz, Traore, El Ghazi, Bailey, Ings, Coutinho.

Won't miss any of them.

McGinn probably should go as he's not able to go to another level, Watkins isn't happy.

Have we pissed Buendia of by dropping him for a player who won't be there next season?

Is Digne anything other than an injury prone lightweight?

Basically HAPPY DAYS. A complete rebuild yet again because another manager can't get anything out of them. 

Can't wait to see what overhyped overpaid garbage we sign this time! I know it's all very negative but am I wrong?!

The good thing about pissing Buendia off is he seems to be the type who is motivated by that. Also, he’s unlikely to have better alternatives right now.

Very upsetting to see how brilliant Guimaraes is for Newcastle. Not many players like that around that are attainable. He was one. The sort of player we needed as well.

Wonder how many we'll sign we actually need this summer.

• Like 1

We dont need to spend too much in the summer to compete next season

Main Ins
Bisoumma for free (Swap for Danny Ings) 
Boubacar Kamara on a free
Suarez on a Free 
Massengo- 10 Mil

Main Outs
Ings( Swap for Bisoumma)
Targett- 15 mil
Luiz- 20 mil
Davis- 10mil 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, messi11 said:

We dont need to spend too much in the summer to compete next season

Main Ins
Bisoumma for free (Swap for Danny Ings) 
Boubacar Kamara on a free
Suarez on a Free 
Massengo- 10 Mil

Main Outs
Ings( Swap for Bisoumma)
Targett- 15 mil
Luiz- 20 mil
Davis- 10mil 

We’re not giving Bristol City 10 million for Massengo. 

Brigton would not accept that deal without money included and swap deals are very, very rare.

Kamara would be great but doubt he’d come to us.

Suarez is probably too old .

• Like 1