Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

Just now, WooJung said:

Massive contribution to the game, wins the ball back and gets the assist. 

If this is his last appearance at villa park, it is a very worthy one 

He made quite a few interceptions to drive us forward. He was excellent and really helped us press high. 

• Like 4

Shit myself when saw him coming on but didn’t let himself or us down and FairPlay to him. Cost nothing, has contributed to the squad and cannot knock his professionalism . 

He pressed magnificently in that crazy period when we scored twice.

Looked like he'd be miles off the pace coming on v that quality but he played a part in our comeback.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

the worst cameo I’ve seen for a long time. Yet he got an assist so fair play 😂

What did he do wrong?

We put him on to hold the line with McGinn yet he was also pressing brilliantly as we saw with the second goal. Then at 3-3 it was just a case of taking no risks so long passes weren't a problem for that part of the game.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

What did he do wrong?

We put him on to hold the line with McGinn yet he was also pressing brilliantly as we saw with the second goal. Then at 3-3 it was just a case of taking no risks so long passes weren't a problem for that part of the game.

He was dreadful. He was just passing the ball out of play. Absolutely zero composure. 

But he got an assist when it mattered so none of that matters

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

He was dreadful. He was just passing the ball out of play. Absolutely zero composure. 

At 3-3 just wasting time and getting our shape right out of possession was all that was required so no issue with a few poor passes tbh.

I'm sure he could have been utilised in DM over the last few months with our injuries and suspensions.

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

At least 3 times tonight a simple 5 yard pass is on and Chambers hits it 80mph stomach height in the players general direction 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, villa4europe said:

At least 3 times tonight a simple 5 yard pass is on and Chambers hits it 80mph stomach height in the players general direction 

I know exactly the passes you mean because I thought at first glance it was Zaniolo and thought “that’s weird for him to do that”

Then realised it was Chambers which made more sense 

2 minutes ago, will87 said:

I'm sure he could have been utilised in DM over the last few months with our injuries and suspensions.

Would be found out starting games with his lack of mobility. As a last resort he was brilliant in the circumstances and also did o.k coming on at half time v Forest.

Leicester and Ipswich could do worse getting experienced head like him in who can play a couple of positions so I'd be offering him to those teams as soon as the season ends. Everton might be interested aswell given they're on the edge of financial meltdown.

Hope Unai gives him a shoutout. He was the catalyst. Was surprised by his pressing. On the ball, he looks 60 years old, but off the ball he was moving like he was 16. 

For all his wayward rifled passes seemingly to noone, he made a massive contribution to our comeback. An assist and some great high pressing triggering Liverpool's mistakes.

Wouldn't want to rely on him again at 3-1 down, but I had zero confidence he'd help us turn it around, yet he did. I cant actually believe it.

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah, nice Cruyff turn away from a player, then a left foot pelt into touch 😂 Not just slightly overhit, insanely overhit. And passing is meant to be his strength 😂 I've said for the longest time he's actually quite a poor passer.

• Haha 1

A lesson to never bomb squad and keep everyone involved, no matter how little you rate them. 

You never know when they need to contribute. 

• Like 2

Â