Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

2 hours ago, birdman said:

Which is why Slippy G didn't do it...it was too obvious and therefore unworkable. I mean how could something so simple actually work?! 😆

He needed his "all-action midfield" aka have his 8's run around like headless chickens tactically, coming up with "moments of magic" like he did for most of his career. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Going to worry about that when it comes to it and enjoy our best midfield since Barry Petrov and Milner 

Absolutely. If them two are wanted by the top clubs, means we are doing something right. They’ll go for big bucks though if they do go.

17 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Not sure I agree, see Dougie's reaction to the second Ings goal. He's right in McAllisters face celebrating. That mistake hurt.

I wouldn't be surprised if part of the team talk at half time involved UE recognising this hurt Dougie, so got him to use it to his advantage with a "press him, do to him what he did to you......" It'd be good man management!!

51 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

There was a foul there, quite obviously. As Jenas rightly pointed out on MOTD, he took Dougie's leg, not the ball, and also shoved him.

Repetitive nature of mistakes? They're very rare. Martinez played an inaccurate pass to him, while he was being pressed from behind. Dougie had to accelerate to even get to it, try and take a perfect first touch while resisting an aggressive press (which turned into a foul) from behind. Cut him some slack man. Ridiculous.

Agreed here. It was a daft pass by Martinez. It probably was a foul, but nobody wants to receive that pass from a goalkeeper. Suicidal. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, turvontour said:

That bit of play with him passing it through to Burndia, for that Mcginn thoroughball and penalty.

So good to have a defensive minded player take 3 midfielders out of the game and start an attack.

Yeah I noticed that bit of work when rewatching the highlights yesterday. Soon as he received the ball he had 2 brighton players trying to close him down but he dribbled with the ball and put a nice ball into buendia. 

Also against utd in the cup he put a nice little ball into ramsey which then lead to watkins goal.

7 minutes ago, sne said:

France players dropping like flies, any chance he might still get called up?

They'd be mad not to.

This far down the pecking order isn't going to see much game time if the squad has been picked properly. So you take a youngun for experience.

Would rather he stays with Emery tbh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Honestly don't know his best position.

Seem like an all rounder for me in terms of attributes.

I'd like to see him further up the pich someday and see how he does.

I think a double pivot served him well. Will need some experience, even though he plays older than his age, to play as a single 6 as he was somewhat deployed under Gerrard's system. When you think of the Rodri's and the Fabhino's and the Fernandinho's of the world - they are telepathically at the right place at the right time to prevent conter-attacks and break up play. Bouba has already shown that knack but it comes with age. Even those players were not at their prime in their early 20s.

But a double pivot with him and Dougie has done wonders for our defensive solidity and also as a base of our attacks.

Edited by DJBOB

19 hours ago, turvontour said:

That bit of play with him passing it through to Burndia, for that Mcginn thoroughball and penalty.

So good to have a defensive minded player take 3 midfielders out of the game and start an attack.

Some on here, a while back was interpreting a thug, when requesting a defensive midfielder.....They are far from cloggers. The quality ones like BK are the engine room.

Now they can see, what was being requested.

I think he's great......Fab u laaaaaaaas.

On 14/11/2022 at 17:59, Johnnyp said:

I’d want Kamara to be the outlet to receive that pass from Martinez if it’s not  on for Mings, Konsa , Cash and Digne. I just don’t trust Dougie. It doesn’t hurt him enough. He doesn’t tend to learn and  it doesn’t bother him getting turned over like that. I could easily envisioned what happened to him yesterday, getting dispossessed and leading to the goal ( yes emi played his part ) happen again. Dougie loses the ball a lot. 

Your point is not lost on me.....I love Dougies overall game, but he is suspect at times in possession, and can lose the ball a bit too easily.

However, he got his own back, and that was sweet.

back on track

Boubacar Kamara is like a well oiled machine, and sits well in the pivot with DL

I get your point, in receiving the pass.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, TRO said:

Some on here, a while back was interpreting a thug, when requesting a defensive midfielder.....They are far from cloggers. The quality ones like BK are the engine room.

Now they can see, what was being requested.

I think he's great......Fab u laaaaaaaas.

I’ll be honest, when i seen Kamara for us earlier in the season against Everton i thought “ very tidy on the ball but my god, he’s incredibly safe with it - tries nothing “ It’s now clear that instruction was coming from the bench. In the last few games under Emery he’s got into more advanced positions. He’s a class player. 

• Like 1

Â