Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

3 hours ago, Alakagom said:

Hopefully his ACL injury goes better than Bunedia and Mings, Timber got ACL done in first match and he's already playing U23 matches

Timber's been out for nine months now and can't see any point in Arsenal risking him in final two matches so he'll be out for a year like our two.

Realistically Kamara won't be getting back up to speed until early 2025 so our first summer signing must be a DM.

• Like 4

On 11/04/2024 at 17:15, Tom13 said:

In my opinion he's our best player.

I'd rate Emi, Ollie, and Mings ahead of him. But he's also younger than those 3 and will be at least at the Ollie/Mings level soon. (Emi level is best at his position in the world...not sure if Kamara has that much upside.)

• Like 1

Telling that we’ve conceded as many as we have without him and Luiz’s performance have gone rapidly downhill.

He’s a silky player and integral to the way we play. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Timber's been out for nine months now and can't see any point in Arsenal risking him in final two matches so he'll be out for a year like our two.

Realistically Kamara won't be getting back up to speed until early 2025 so our first summer signing must be a DM.

Sooner than that hopefully.. October/ November was the original estimate whrh back to first team duty

9 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Sooner than that hopefully.. October/ November was the original estimate whrh back to first team duty

Not being a medical man can you have different levels of ACL injury. Buendia and mings are missing the whole season as others have mentioned timber is missing the whole season so it feels unlikely he would be back by November if his injury is as bad as those others

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Not being a medical man can you have different levels of ACL injury. Buendia and mings are missing the whole season as others have mentioned timber is missing the whole season so it feels unlikely he would be back by November if his injury is as bad as those others

I'd imagine/hope that both Mings and Buendia would be ready to play in June but obviously we don't have games in June. That would be 10 months out. If Kamara is out for the same length of time he is looking at November.

Not counting on him being back in regular form until Christmas. Great if it's sooner. We need cover that is at a similar ability as him if we make the CL.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HolteExile said:

That was Big Yellow Taxi by Joni Mitchell, a song in which Joni complains they paved paradise to put up a parking lot, a measure which actually would have alleviated traffic congestion on the outskirts of paradise, something which Joni singularly fails to point out, perhaps because it doesn't quite fit in with her blinkered view of the world. Nevertheless, nice song.

It was actually the cover by Counting Crows. They did it because it’s a nice song - you big negative Jessie! 😾

7 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

I'd imagine/hope that both Mings and Buendia would be ready to play in June but obviously we don't have games in June. That would be 10 months out. If Kamara is out for the same length of time he is looking at November.

Was mid Feb when he had the operation. I think he may get back involved in the squad right at the end of the year. Pretty much misses all our potential CL campaign so for that alone we can't be messing around trying to sign a DM all summer window.

9 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

It's mostly just about how well you recover. If you have a grade 2 or 3 Acl tear you have to have the same surgery regardless and the recovery time is the same. Which is about 6-9months. I imagine we are being very cautious with Mings and Buendia we put ourselves in a very good position without them and maximising their recovery for next season is more ilprotant than getting them to play 10 minutes a game this season. 

There is probably a slim chance Kamara will be ready for the new season, a good chance that he will be ready after the first or second international break to be a bit part player and by mid December he should be fully ready to be starting. 

Mings damaged multiple ligaments though which is why his recovery is so long. 

17 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

Yes, there are different types of ACL injury.  I did mine at 32 years old and was back full training at about 8 months, but not really fully match fit until 12 months.  Even then it was probably another six months before I felt 100%.  

There are also other factors such as meniscus damage etc that can increase severity of the injury....  The biggest issue is not the repair(s) healing time, but rebuilding the muscle and then re-training said muscle fibers for range of motion, elasticity etc.  With the level these pros are at, it's a lot of work to get back to the same performance level in that leg...

• Thanks 1

On 05/05/2024 at 15:00, HolteExile said:

That was Big Yellow Taxi by Joni Mitchell, a song in which Joni complains they paved paradise to put up a parking lot, a measure which actually would have alleviated traffic congestion on the outskirts of paradise, something which Joni singularly fails to point out, perhaps because it doesn't quite fit in with her blinkered view of the world. Nevertheless, nice song.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Even if today didn't matter at all I've just had a look at our defensive record since he's been injured in prem.

Played 14, conceded 29! Over two goals a game.

In the 14 games Kamara played before his ACL we conceded 14 goals.

He also missed those three games over Xmas and we conceded 6 goals in three games and couldn't keep clean sheets against the two worst teams in the league at VP.

It's vital we don't fudge the DM issue over the summer otherwise we will fall away in the league next year like Newcastle have done.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Even if today didn't matter at all I've just had a look at our defensive record since he's been injured in prem.

Played 14, conceded 29! Over two goals a game.

In the 14 games Kamara played before his ACL we conceded 14 goals.

He also missed those three games over Xmas and we conceded 6 goals in three games and couldn't keep clean sheets against the two worst teams in the league at VP.

It's vital we don't fudge the DM issue over the summer otherwise we will fall away in the league next year like Newcastle have done.

Just a huge loss.

He has been our biggest loss this season. Add to his loss the fact that Doug has completely forgotten how to play football and you can understand why we have had so many problems in the final third of the season.

We desperately need someone to replace Boubs and Doug so that injuries and loss of form do not have such a derailing effect. 

• Like 1

Â