Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

With the way people were talking about "9-12 months" I'm almost relieved, tbh. I'd mentally prepared myself for him being out for the rest of this season but missing a significant chunk of next season would've been too much. Hopefully that shouldn't happen.

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

It's a huge blow yes, but the season isn't over. 

Yeah that's my take too. People were saying similar when we lost both Mings and Buendia. People are absolutely right to be concerned (I am too) but throwing in the towel and declaring the season over is absurd.

• Like 4

Just now, The_Steve said:
4 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Yep, season over. It was fun while it lasted.

It's a huge blow yes, but the season isn't over. 

Agreed, we still have Luiz, Tielemans, McGinn and Ramsey along with Tim.  yes Kamara plays a specific role but we’ll have to adapt our shape and we still have quality midfielders to play a different way in midfield. 

• Like 1

Such a shit season for injuries. We got lucky last year. 

I was reading yesterday how we have made the fewest changes to our starting 11 of any PL team, and have the highest number of players that have played over 1000 minutes. 

This is surely no coincidence when it comes to our injuries. 

For all of Emery's good work, he's been limited by the quality of our backups that have effectively forced him to either sacrifice a game, or play our first choice. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and I'm sure we'd have prioritised one competition if we knew these injuries were going to happen, but who's to say they wouldn't have happened anyway.

It sucks, but we'll move on and the good start to the season we had should mean we can still finish top 6, maybe even top 5 if United return to type.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Such a shit season for injuries. We got lucky last year. 

I was reading yesterday how we have made the fewest changes to our starting 11 of any PL team, and have the highest number of players that have played over 1000 minutes. 

This is surely no coincidence when it comes to our injuries. 

For all of Emery's good work, he's been limited by the quality of our backups that have effectively forced him to either sacrifice a game, or play our first choice. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and I'm sure we'd have prioritised one competition if we knew these injuries were going to happen, but who's to say they wouldn't have happened anyway.

It sucks, but we'll move on and the good start to the season we had should mean we can still finish top 6, maybe even top 5 if United return to type.

It works both ways though. We've had to play players more than we like precisely because we've had such shit luck with injuries.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Yeah that's my take too. People were saying similar when we lost both Mings and Buendia. People are absolutely right to be concerned (I am too) but throwing in the towel and declaring the season over is absurd.

Oh absolutely, I’m greatly concerned, but I have faith in Unai and the lads. Given the circumstances, there’s still a lot to play for and enough quality in the team still to get crucial points on the board. 

• Like 1

Not the best news.

However we have to deal with it the best way we can.

We aren’t the only side with crucial players out injured.

We are just the only side that the media will ignore when it comes to injuries.

There will no injury hit Villa battling on reports you can bet on that.

• Like 1

This is getting ridiculous now have any other teams had three season destroying and career ruining (in the sense that no player returns better from an acl) in one season to key players. I knew the league was corrupt but I didn’t realise that the premier league gods were so keen to keep the premier league top 4 a closer shop. But hey nobody has suffered as much as spurs from injuries 😂

Â