Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

9 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

Problem is no competition for his place to put pressure on him to perform always.

Highest paid player in the squad. People can trot out this competition nonsense for every player but we don't have the revenue or likely FFP room to address and must look at Iroegbunam as competition for Kamara

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Highest paid player in the squad. People can trot out this competition nonsense for every player but we don't have the revenue or likely FFP room to address and must look at Iroegbunam as competition for Kamara

Competition as an excuse is nonsensical. If it’s competition that’s needed to push a player then you’re talking about lazy entitled players who become content with doing the bare minimum and not pushing themselves. That’s not really a player you’d want on the squad.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

12 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Would be just our luck.

FFS, that would be awful! Has a club had as many ACL injuries in one season as us?.Jeez we can't catch a break!

Let's hope it's not! 

14 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I doubt it’s too serious. He looked in discomfort rather than pain. Hopefully he’ll be ok for next weekend or very soon after.

He walked off the pitch and at time i thought was a quick sub as we were chasing the game

27 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I doubt it’s too serious. He looked in discomfort rather than pain. Hopefully he’ll be ok for next weekend or very soon after.

Konsa looked the same

ACL can be a weird injury in that, there can be cases where it doesn’t really hurt and you think everything is ok. Okore when he did his, carried on playing 

Edited by StefanAVFC

Tielemans will come in and they’ll shuffle the pack, I’d imagine, with McGinn playing centrally with Douglas. 

Or Unai will sense a time to give a new formation a go and go 4-3-3 with Diaby and Bailey out wide. I suspect it will be the former, though. 

30 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Tielemans will come in and they’ll shuffle the pack, I’d imagine, with McGinn playing centrally with Douglas. 

Or Unai will sense a time to give a new formation a go and go 4-3-3 with Diaby and Bailey out wide. I suspect it will be the former, though. 

McGinn can't play the halfback role like Kamara can.

He's crucial to the way we play.

Massive loss if he's out for any length of time.

14 hours ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

From the position his knee went in, it could be MCL (like Konsa) or ACL (like Buendia). 

I've just had a chance to look at the sky sports footage and would now rule out MCL as he was rubbing everywhere on his knee apart from where the MCL is (the inner aspect of the knee).

This would also suggest something deep inside the knee which you can't actually get to, i.e. the ACL.

Although the position he went into is the classic mechanism of ACL injury, I do remember Conor Hourihane's knee going into the exact same postion a few years ago and me being 100% convinced he must have done his ACL from the TV footage and then he played the next game, so I'm hoping I'm wrong again.

Edited by Deano & Dalian's Umbrella
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rich192 said:

Might be time to try this. Don’t think the system work without Kamara, McGinn and Tielemams just don’t do the same job. 

Â