Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, GeordieVillan said:

That won’t get overturned, VAR already looked at it at the time.

It’s probably not an awful set of games for him to miss, but you just don’t know what impact it might have. Hopefully we have Teilemans back.

He will get an extra rest at least.

Is it 3 games? 

20 minutes ago, dufresne1947 said:

I don’t think it will be overturned, it’s a really weird rule/law where if, off the ball when play has stopped, your hand touches an opponent’s face, it’s a red card, but if you smash your arm into them during play (Guimares) it’s not seen to be a problem.

Wissa's flying head into Kamara's was much worse also.

56 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Right, we may well have Luiz and Tielemans, but they can't do the same role in the same way. We could go really defensive and play Dendoncker but then he moves the ball so desperately slowly. I'm sure this isn't some unsolvable problem for Emery but it's very annoying when it was completely needless. 

Luiz played endless games for us as a DM under Dean. Yes it's not his preferred role anymore but he has the experience and the growing maturity to sacrifice himself for a game I'm sure and be a bit deeper.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

they’ll focus on his actions only and only the bit where he shoves his neck/chin. 

Well if it was the oppostion player's neck, at least it was shoving rather than grabbing. 

Grabbing a player's neck (as a few players have done in top level football before) would have been worse, i'm glad he didn't do that.

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The craziest thing was that he seemed so calm when it all started, no reaction to Maupay, calm down calm down calm down, bang he's gone too

Almost like something was said as a spark, I definitely can't see what flipped him 

Usually he has the maturity of someone who has been playing for 8 seasons, but he’s also only just turned 24. Allowed the occasional lapse if he learns from it.

2 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Nah, I have the opposite view. 

It's about time we had a bit of shit about us. 

Far too long other teams have done that to us and we've bent over and taken it. 

It's good to see how close knit this squad is and players standing up for each other. 

Brentford tried all game under hand tactics and when it came on top for them they didn't like it. 

I lay no blame at Boubs door, Ben Mee is to to blame for that last 30mins, his reckless tackle and then Ghoddos & Maupay being a couple of little pricks turned it into an utter shitshow. 

100% agree. You don't win a title without a fair bit of steel. Obviously aren't the most talented team in the league. We aren't going to rock up and win every game cleanly. I will take every 3 points however they come. 

• Like 1

It was all needless though. We were 2-1 up against 10 men, and didn't need to descend to their level. McGinn's reaction to Bouba showed what he thought of it, ie that Kamara is a chuffing idiot. He didn't look best pleased at all.

Â