Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

3 hours ago, TRO said:

Sometimes ignoring us, is to our advantage.

I feel a chant coming on...........Under the radar we will go Ee-I-Ee-I-Ee-OH, when we catch you napping, we'll turn you upside down, Unai Emery, Unai Emery, thanks for being around.

..........I'll get my coat.

I remember the original slightly different version. :blush:

image.jpeg.d620c07c1254c56f7839fb1b257ceedf.jpeg

• Haha 1

Some of the rumours of Villa players leaving are hilarious. The London press are best at it. Martinez and Watkins to Chelsea, Luiz to Spurs or Arsenal coupled with

Kamara to Liverpool. All utterly ridiculous suggestions! It shows they are now very worried about little Villa!!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Boubs is priceless for us.

Important but I wouldn’t say priceless. We coped ok when he was out for a while. 

The only real priceless players now are Martinez and Watkins. We need better cover for both.  

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Important but I wouldn’t say priceless. We coped ok when he was out for a while. 

The only real priceless players now are Martinez and Watkins. We need better cover for both.  

If we want to get to that next level, Kamara is priceless. Ollie is not.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

If we want to get to that next level, Kamara is priceless. Ollie is not.

We’ve currently got cover for Kamara. Not Ollie.  At the moment Ollie is more important to us than Kamara in my opinion. Last season we even saw proof of this.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

9 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

There's simply nobody, arguably not a single player, that we could realiatically get that could come in and do a better job.

Edited by Mantis

I really like Kamara, think he breaks up the play very well and also reads the game. However I watched the first half yesterday and whilst it's only a pre-season game, he was by far our worst performer on the pitched, looks miles off (yes yes I know it's what preseason is for). He dispossessed so easily and just goes to ground looking for a free kick. Who is our natural backup player in this area. 

3 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

I really like Kamara, think he breaks up the play very well and also reads the game. However I watched the first half yesterday and whilst it's only a pre-season game, he was by far our worst performer on the pitched, looks miles off (yes yes I know it's what preseason is for). He dispossessed so easily and just goes to ground looking for a free kick. Who is our natural backup player in this area. 

Dendoncker who imo is OK, keeps it simpler, less risk but obviously less reward too, get the ball give the ball 5 to 10 yards at a time, perfectly capable of it

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

Kamara improved after Leicester last season. It's good for him to try and have these mistakes in a preseason. Glad we gifted them goals and not won the game. I slept so wasn't able to watch, but I was worried for us to lose in bad way, or to win it at anycase. I wanted more mistakes from us mixed with good things to add on. Which all happened. Hopefully he'll be ready once the season start. It's also good that Newcastle might think he's a weak link as well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Knutserov13 said:

The club will not entertain bids for Kamara. The only chance he will go to Liverpool is if there is a release clause in his contract. I sure as hell hope not. Hes a Rolls Royce midfielder that will only get better!

The other thing is we'd hope for once to keep our spine of the team once we're moving in the right direction and had the huge step. Last time Grealish left we had to build again. Just see what can we do now, then next season we can see who to transfer and who to keep. 

I do think hes probably one that we'll have to sell down the line due to FFP. With him coming on a free and selling on for a big fee should do wonders with FFP.

I dont want to sell him (I just want to add), but I do see that as a possibilty next summer or the summer after that. 

18 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ollie is far away from being priceless. You wouldn't accept £90,000,000 for Ollie Watkins? I'd cut my holiday short, fly home and pack for him for that. Obscene money for a player of his ability.

Â