Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

It's basically the same midfield we've had since promotion that hasn't got us to 10th once.

Luiz could well leave in January, McGinn isn't the same as two years back, Sanson will probably just be promoted to brief 10 minute cameos and I don't quite think on his own Dendoncker has influence to lift us from 14th to 8th somehow.

It's going to be a hard watch. We needed to sign another top midfielder alongside Kamara in the summer so at least that should mean we get one in January (Dendoncker certainly wasn't a player we were tracking for six months).

Problem is, if Steven is still here (God forbid), I can't see him dropping McGinn.

Most people can see that Kamara should be the first name on the teamsheet in midfield, but he must start alongside Luiz, somehow though Steven can't see this.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

I had a sprained MCL not too long ago. Took me more than two months until I was able to run normally. Obviously I didn’t have the top treatment a premier league player would.

Hopefully it’s not more than a sprain. Fingers crossed.

Edited by BG_Villa_Fan
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I honestly don't think he'll be a big loss for us. I don't think he's been better than Luiz and Luiz can cover for his role just fine.

I disagree. I think he’s much more effective than Luiz in that role. However at least we have Luiz that can do a job there.

This injury to Kamara justifies our decision to turn down that deadline day 25 mil for Luiz tho. Although I suppose Dendoncker could also do that job and maybe he will.

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I honestly don't think he'll be a big loss for us. I don't think he's been better than Luiz and Luiz can cover for his role just fine.

I have to agree. I think he’s been ok but nothing special at all. Fans just haven’t turned on him yet as majority wanted us to sign him. 

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I have to agree. I think he’s been ok but nothing special at all. Fans just haven’t turned on him yet as majority wanted us to sign him. 

I’m really surprised, I think he’s been very good. Been left exposed and having to do too much by Gerrards system a few times but on the whole I’ve been impressed with him. 

• Like 2

I think Kamara looks a good player, disciplined in the defensive role and with a good range of passing. However, he clearly hasn't made any real difference to our overall play and results. This isn't a slight on him just that the tactics/ formation doesn't allow us to get the best out of any of our players, as such having Luiz come into the role won't entail a drop off in overall performance.

Hopefully by the the time Kamara is back we might have a more tactically astute manager and then we will see the real difference he can make.

• Like 2

On 20/09/2022 at 11:46, VillaChris said:

It's basically the same midfield we've had since promotion that hasn't got us to 10th once.

Luiz could well leave in January, McGinn isn't the same as two years back, Sanson will probably just be promoted to brief 10 minute cameos and I don't quite think on his own Dendoncker has influence to lift us from 14th to 8th somehow.

It's going to be a hard watch. We needed to sign another top midfielder alongside Kamara in the summer so at least that should mean we get one in January (Dendoncker certainly wasn't a player we were tracking for six months).

Here here.

4 hours ago, picicata said:

I think Kamara looks a good player, disciplined in the defensive role and with a good range of passing. However, he clearly hasn't made any real difference to our overall play and results. This isn't a slight on him just that the tactics/ formation doesn't allow us to get the best out of any of our players, as such having Luiz come into the role won't entail a drop off in overall performance.

Hopefully by the the time Kamara is back we might have a more tactically astute manager and then we will see the real difference he can make.

We'd have more points on the board if we'd started Luiz in first five games alongside him than McGinn imo so that's the big issue.

• Like 1

So what's the deal. No surgery announced, so just a sprain?  Not trying to downplay a sprain they can still cause a lengthy time out but I would have figured if he needed surgery for a tear it would have been announced by now. 

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

So what's the deal. No surgery announced, so just a sprain?  Not trying to downplay a sprain they can still cause a lengthy time out but I would have figured if he needed surgery for a tear it would have been announced by now. 

A sprain can be worse than a break. The later is easy to deal with, just immobilise it for a set period of time and it will heal. Its not so set in stone for a sprain. 

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

I think of it was a serious injury requiring surgery it would be announced like Diego Carlos and lots of well wishing on social media.

A strain of some description is one where it's difficult to project how long it will take  for him to recover. In that situation we will probably only get an update on the pre Leeds press conference 

Â