Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

Looks like Zakaria to Juve is happening for fraction of the cost Bentancur will cost us.

Big one for the recruitment team and manager this signing IMO.

With plenty of alternatives available for varying prices, they're going after the one they want.

The profiles we're bringing in as well... bottom half is going to be seen as failure next season. Very exciting stuff.

9 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I suppose there is nothing wrong with a test drive first. A bit like having girlfriends before settling down with the Mrs :)

easyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, tiger.

They must have thought, I was a test drive centre.

Mine thought I was worn out, by the time she got me....she should have had me on loan.😀

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

I am not sure that is the case. Media is already reporting that they are looking for a replacement for Bentancur, so they would spend the money we give them and still have the same headcount. It could help the from a profitability perspective but the cost of replacement may cost them more each year as Bentancur only cost them 14m so his amortisation cost will be less than 2m a yr as his contract is until 2024

The Elkanns put €400m in in the summer to cover running costs, losses and a rebuild of the squad. They need players out and the money this will bring. Zakaria on a expiring contract makes sense for them. They also need to find a way to not lose Dybala on a free. 

Obviously Ramsey and Rabiot are the ones they want out if they could choose but their absurd contracts makes that almost impossible. From a pure footballing sense they'd likely want to keep Bentancur, Kulusevski and  Arthur but their finances wont allow it long term.

But yeah, Bentancur is a cheap player to keep from a FFP point. They need money in thou.

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Spurs have made a cash offer that is higher than ours apparently. Can’t say I’m disappointed. Be interesting to see what happens from here.

Let’s hope this is all bullshit or we have already moved on to another target that isn’t Glen Kamara.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Spurs have made a cash offer that is higher than ours apparently. Can’t say I’m disappointed. Be interesting to see what happens from here.

Do we believe this or is it just part of Juve negotiation tactics? Who knows - I certainly don’t.

6 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Let’s hope this is all bullshit or we have already moved on to another target that isn’t Glen Kamara.

Adama chose Barca, Luis chose Liverpool and Bentancur will choose Villa. F**k you Levy!! 

Apologies for the bias I have against Levy :)

Edited by Peter Griffin
  • Like 1

Sometimes, its just not meant to be.

I don't think this will happen, and might just be a blessing in disguise. When transfers dither, it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

If players are not excited to come or up for the challenge, why pursue it.....if its just money alone, I would steer clear and wait for a player that wants to buy in, to our project.

I think we should revisit CDM in the summer.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yeah I bet they have.

56783 weeks at £3.50

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Would be disappointed if we lost out on him for the sake of haggling over a few million. I know that's easy to say when it's not my money so i'm talking shit really. 

I trust our people....when there seems to be no enthusiasm for the deal, from the sellers.....both club and player, it could be a sign to move on.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I trust our people....when there seems to be no enthusiasm for the deal, from the sellers.....both club and player, it could be a sign to move on.

In fairness to Bentancur he is in South American with the national team and is part of their starting 11. He will be focused on those games and keeping his head down. I wouldn't yet judge the lack of comment from him as a lack of enthusiasm to join The Mighty Villa. When he Googles 'Birmingham' he will be thinking 'Wow, I can leave Italy and go there', the lad will probably offer to take a pay cut to join us.  

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Why is spurs in for him? They’re stacked in defensive minded midfielders  

they need more attacking minded midfielders 

this chap ain’t that. 

just strange that they’re in for Bentancur

Paratici and conte both familiar with him as a player I guess and must see him as an upgrade on winks/skipp whilst placating their fans a little after the diaz fiasco.

Funny to me how they lost their number 1 target to juve (vlahovic) and now want to effectively fund the move for them too!

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

this chap ain’t that. 

Fabio Paratici is known to panic towards the end of the transfer windows when he doesn't get his preferred targets. At least according to Juve fans :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

this chap ain’t that. 

One scum12 club helping out another to drive the price up, we are shrewd though, the deal will be good for us or it simply will not happen.

• Like 1

Â