Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

This is an unusually public bid negotiation for AVFC. Perhaps Juventus are leaking to show they've got money coming in to assist getting the Vlahovic deal over the line (seems to be just awaiting a medical and signature now), or maybe this is just the loose lipped way deals are done in Italy.

I'm sure Villa would prefer to work quietly at the margins until a deal is agreed. One positive I take from this is that Bentancur must have agreed to come to Villa in principle otherwise the protracted negotiations wouldn't still be happening.

The only thing that could stop this deal happening in my opinion is if Juventus start to take the p*ss by inflating their demands even further. NSWE/Purslow would walk away for certain if they thought that was happening.

Juventus must know that Villa don't have to buy now, and can wait until the Summer to look at other available targets, whereas Juve have to sell to cover a portion of Vlahovic's huge transfer fee.

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

That means Bentancur has agreed personal terms then. Possibly.

It usually that way around these days - the club know where they are with the player terms and his representation and then agree on the fee with the club. They wouldn't spend a week getting the fee agreed then the player saying he wasnt interested or he and wanted double the expected wage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I just don't see it often enough, to be taken by it.

He made a good challenge recently at home and I got out of my seat to applaud.....It doesn't happen enough, is my beef.

In the main, he "floats" through games....a word used by a local journalist, which I thought was apt.

His passing ability holds no bounds, but its not that, some of us are concerned about.....How often does he trail a threat or Danger, like Fernandes Goal against us....it happens too often....I see him often in the wake of a dangerous run, from an opponent...its passive and you can't have a passive No 6

I am not saying get rid, too good for that.....I am saying move further up and let a player take over who goes after the ball and wins it....sure we want someone who can pass too....its not beyond the realms of probablity, to expect both.

My sentiment entirely, I would hope the plan is to get him into his preferred position and then coach him - he has two of the best midfielders to do so in Gerrard and McAllister. If we dont need the money keep him, you just know he will blossom if we sold him and we would regret it.

It seems to me like it will be Sanson looking over his shoulder not Luiz, but its good that they will all up their game now there is real competition, there is still room for everyone on our books. Sanson looks hungry to impress which is great.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

My sentiment entirely, I would hope the plan is to get him into his preferred position and then coach him - he has two of the best midfielders to do so in Gerrard and McAllister. If we dont need the money keep him, you just know he will blossom if we sold him and we would regret it.

It seems to me like it will be Sanson looking over his shoulder not Luiz, but its good that they will all up their game now there is real competition, there is still room for everyone on our books. Sanson looks hungry to impress which is great.

I would not worry, if he played No6 or CDM somewhere else.....my concern is, they would play him where his attributes are best suited, that could render a different player, to our detriment.

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I would not worry, if he played No6 or CDM somewhere else.....my concern is, they would play him where his attributes are best suited, that could render a different player, to our detriment.

TRO I reckon this lad is the player you’ve been looking for although I reckon it will be his reading of them game that will make him great defensively rather than just being able to put in a good tackle. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

This is an unusually public bid negotiation for AVFC. Perhaps Juventus are leaking to show they've got money coming in to assist getting the Vlahovic deal over the line (seems to be just awaiting a medical and signature now), or maybe this is just the loose lipped way deals are done in Italy.

I'm sure Villa would prefer to work quietly at the margins until a deal is agreed. One positive I take from this is that Bentancur must have agreed to come to Villa in principle otherwise the protracted negotiations wouldn't still be happening.

The only thing that could stop this deal happening in my opinion is if Juventus start to take the p*ss by inflating their demands even further. NSWE/Purslow would walk away for certain if they thought that was happening.

Juventus must know that Villa don't have to buy now, and can wait until the Summer to look at other available targets, whereas Juve have to sell to cover a portion of Vlahovic's huge transfer fee.

Yeah this is the way they do business in Italy

14 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I would imagine a bit of a stand off might have happened, hence the delay, and it might be picked up later to conclude the deal.

some deals are like this.....particularly, when you involve aspects of the deal from the time you bought him...which is nothing to do with us.

I do chuckle a tad at the Boca involvement, whats that got to do with us....if they arranged a sell on clause, thats their business, not ours...The player has a value, end of.

its like selling a car for £3,000, but you want £3200, to pay the bloke over the road his sell on bit......Yeah, best of luck.

If they don't want to sell or want to stich us up with their poor negotiations, when they bought him......."San fairy Ann"

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

TRO I reckon this lad is the player you’ve been looking for although I reckon it will be his reading of them game that will make him great defensively rather than just being able to put in a good tackle. 

That clip you responded to was relating to Luiz, sorry for misleading.

back on topic.....Yeah...I don't care how he does it, but if he can stop the opposition, fine....and then play the ball out with aplomb, great.

There is more than one way of skinning a cat....but sometimes I get misconstrued....Tackling is fine, but it is a means to an end....I cringe when I hear "we are too easy to beat"....a trait, I abhor and I suspect SG would be too.

If a player shouts "Boo" and frightens the opponent to releasing the ball, fine....just kidding, but you know what I mean....there are varying methods of winning the ball......but to win the ball is a must, to play at a higher level... relying on the opponent making mistakes alone to secure it, is just passive and mid table ish

as example.......Stan Petrov wasn't a great tackler, he was more a "pick pocket" which is more what Luiz is.....but he always wanted Reo Coker in the side, for that reason...but O'Neill had personal issues with NRC, another story.

Edited by TRO

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

That clip you responded to was relating to Luiz, sorry for misleading.

back on topic.....Yeah...I don't care how he does it, but if he can stop the opposition, fine....and then play the ball out with aplomb, great.

There is more than one way of skinning a cat....but sometimes I get misconstrued....Tackling is fine, but it is a means to an end....I cringe when I hear "we are too easy to beat"....a trait, I abhor and I suspect SG would be too.

If a player shouts "Boo" and frightens the opponent to releasing the ball, fine....just kidding, but you know what I mean....there are varying methods of winning the ball......but to win the ball is a must, to play at a higher level... relying on the opponent making mistakes alone to secure it, is just passive and mid table ish

as example.......Stan Petrov wasn't a great tackler, he was more a "pick pocket" which is more what Luiz is.....but he always wanted Reo Coker in the side, for that reason...but O'Neill had personal issues with NRC, another story.

I don’t think we’ve learnt the dark arts yet either. If you watch City play for all their possession if they lose the ball and haven’t managed to aggressively win it back they’ll commit a niggly foul to break the play of the opponent. Fernandino was a master of it.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The reading is a huge factor, I am kinda a little more relaxed in todays football with tackling, with the ref's zealous approach...although, I do like Bissouma.....don't we all?

I am crucially interested in stopping the opposition ....as to the method, not overly fussed.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think we’ve learnt the dark arts yet either. If you watch City play for all their possession if they lose the ball and haven’t managed to aggressively win it back they’ll commit a niggly foul to break the play of the opponent. Fernandino was a master of it.  

absolutely spot on....they can be dirty so and so's, but as you allude to,  they camouflage it very well and the ref's buy it.....Rodri's challenge on Targett the last time we played them was assault, it was right in front of me, not even a yellow.

Man City are an agressive/assertive team call it what you will, so are Chelsea and Liverpool....until we adopt a similar approach, we won't be flirting with Europe, thats just my opinion....of course other things have to happen too, but we need to be more assertive to move on.

I think SG knows all this amd more and he will transform us over time, it takes many factors to change....but change we will, I am absolutely convinced.

• Like 1

Â