Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

We need to sign him now, to move the thread on more than anything else.

There's all sorts of knots being tied as people try to exaggerate more and more.

He'll probably play for Uruguay tomorrow night so if it isn't confirmed today, it'll probably be Friday at the earliest.

Maybe he can bring Giorgian Arrascaeta back with him.

23 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

I remember it well.

Do you remember the 'middle' right at the top of the Holte in the gap between the right and left side, used to get overrun by both from time to time after the middle chant went up

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Do you remember the 'middle' right at the top of the Holte in the gap between the right and left side, used to get overrun by both from time to time after the middle chant went up

Yes I do. No wonder that terrible fence some clown decided to build down the centre of the Holte was demolished by some very angry fans - united both sides!

@Stevo985 Fred and McTominay are not taking places in our starting line-up. 

I was just discussing this exact topic with a United supporter earlier today. He agrees McGinn is a level above both Unitwd mids. Despite this supporter nit wanting his club to pay 50million for McGinn. He had no doubt which of the three was best. And I'd say neither of the devil's duo are any better than Dougie either. Best could be yet to come from Dougie and SJM I feel will maintain his current levels for another season or two if he can stay healthy. 

21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He was mostly garbage in a lot of the games he played. Check out his Brentford display a couple of weeks back. Wasn't at all surprised. Won't be here much longer either way. 

The problem with this is we all watched him too, and you appear to be in the minority. Personally, I frikking love Traore.

And, ironically, you're undermining your own dependence on fans forum responses in your distrust of Bentacur (although I appreciate it was Messi11, football ITK and early transfer-news breaker, who started that). If the couple of Juve fans who don't like him are like you with Traore, then we're going to be fine!

3 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Yes I do. No wonder that terrible fence some clown decided to build down the centre of the Holte was demolished by some very angry fans - united both sides!

Man City at home first game of the season, blokes in the Holte with spanners etc 🤣 think we lost 4-1 with Dennis Tuart getting a hattrick, one an overhead kick. Only reason I remember is the 'fence must go'  shenanigans and the fact we hardly ever used to lose at home around that time  

5 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

@Stevo985 Fred and McTominay are not taking places in our starting line-up. 

I was just discussing this exact topic with a United supporter earlier today. He agrees McGinn is a level above both Unitwd mids. Despite this supporter nit wanting his club to pay 50million for McGinn. He had no doubt which of the three was best. And I'd say neither of the devil's duo are any better than Dougie either. Best could be yet to come from Dougie and SJM I feel will maintain his current levels for another season or two if he can stay healthy. 

They would both regularly start for us. McTominay especially is a very good player

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

spacer.png

I feel like that's one of the best gestures known, and I'm glad it's frequently used by my culture too. If you see Grandma start with that, best be ready for the steady hand wooden spoon or rolling pin discipline from the highest echelons of authority known to man, donned in the apron uniform, sleeves rolled up.

You see that and best believe you best start running.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Take it easy, Champ. Why don't you sit this next one out, stop talking for a while.

Indeed, I believe we have enough quality copypasta for one day

edit: @Follyfoot don't worry mate, I'm not about to spray this all of the interwebs I'm only jesting ;)

Edited by osmark86
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

They would both regularly start for us. McTominay especially is a very good player

Agree to disagree. McTominay isn't doing anything McGinn hasn't done umteen times more and I think McGinns assertion on games is much greater.

I would say McTominay is a little more composed and has an air of ease when delivering some fine plays. But I don't think he has anywhere near the graft required to fight in a side less stacked with talent.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I feel like that's one of the best gestures known, and I'm glad it's frequently used by my culture too. If you see Grandma start with that, best be ready for the steady hand wooden spoon or rolling pin discipline from the highest echelons of authority known to man, donned in the apron uniform, sleeves rolled up.

You see that and best believe you best start running.

In the Arab world it means hang on or wait a minute.

• Thanks 1

Informative financial points from a Juve forum regarding which midfielders they are trying to get rid off.

I agree with. I'm not a big fan of Bentancur but he has played under Allegri and is an okay squad player.

He was recruited for € 9.5 million in 2017 and he has been with us for five years. Therefore, he is, more or less, completely written off and you only pay for his salary. It is € 2.5 million compared to Ramsey's and Rabiot's 7 million. In Arthutr's case, which was recruited for € 82 million, he loads, in addition to his salary of € 5 million, also the annual budget with 16.4 million in depreciation. Therefore, the costs for the players look something like this. Arthur: € 23 million. Mckennie: 9.53 Ramsey: 9.17 million € Rabiot: 9.17 million € Locatelli: 5.5 Bentancur: 4.6

As you can see, Arthur is by far the most expensive in the squad. He costs almost as much as five Bentancur together and that is completely unacceptable considering that he is not a cemented starting player. Mckennie is the second most expensive with a cost of € 9.5 million but it is still relatively "cheap" when you keep in mind that he starts and actually delivers. Ramsey's cost of € 9.17 million is money straight into the lake given that he never plays. Rabiot also feels unnecessary considering that both Locatelli and Bentancur are significantly cheaper than him and Mckennie is in the same price range. Everyone in that trio does it, in my eyes, better than the Frenchman.

Given that Boca Juniors will have 35-40% of the price we get for Bentancur, there is even less reason to sell him. It's more important to move Arthur, Rabiot and Ramsey. The Uruguayan seems to accept the bench and it is cheap players like him who make it possible for us to pick up heavier investments, like Vlahovic.

In Arthur's case, his salary costs us € 6.55 million per season. The problem is his huge depreciation of € 16.4 million a year given his transfer fee of € 82 million. 16.4 plus 6.55 in salary will be rounded € 23 million. There are complete holes in the head. so you have to add to that when you calculate how much they burden the budget with. In Arthur's case, his salary costs us € 6.55 million per season. The problem is his huge depreciation of € 16.4 million a year given his transfer fee of € 82 million. 16.4 plus 6.55 in salary will be rounded € 23 million. There are complete holes in the head.

https://www.svenskafans.com/italien/juventus/forum

It's Google translated.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

It’s cheap in that sense but it’s only cheap if he improves the team, which as I’m sure you’ve recognised now, I don’t think he will. It’s a waste of money if he comes in and just sits on the bench and we can’t get rid of him. 

I don’t think you get straight in to the team first teamers for 16m these day. Especially midfielders.  He’d at the very least strengthen the squad and increase competition for places.

• Like 1

Â