Weekends Football 21/23 January

andykeenan

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

Cant believe spurs have Doherty playing right wing.

Conte is channeling his inner McLeish, honestly Spurs and Chelsea are so dull this fixture has been on tv 3 times in the past few weeks and not once has it been entertaining.

Just now, MachoFantastico said:

He's been so lacklustre since returning to the prem. Watched him for Inter and he was superb, clearly lacking confidence. 

Except against one team.....

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, MachoFantastico said:

His whole style of play was different for Inter, played with loads of confidence. Exact opposite for Chelsea. 

I think defences are much stronger in the Prem.

Serie A was THE league for strong defences back in the day but it has changed a lot in recent years.

5 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

VAR not even looking at that incident? 

The disallowed goal? not sure when the whistle went, but. It looked to me like, despite what Neville was saying about a ‘soft hand’, that he tripped Silva. Would need to see it in more detail which the VAR would have had to if the whistle went after the ball crossed the line.

I thought it was a poor decision at the time, but the more I watch it the more I think it's good refereeing - there's a push, only a little one, but a push nonetheless. 

I don't think it's one that VAR could have done anything about - they'd be seeing the same thing he saw, not telling him something he didn't see - and they'd have to tell him they could tell it was a softer push than he thought he would. If it's a bad decision, it's a bad decision by the ref, not a VAR one.

I'm just about coming down on the side of the referee on this one.

19 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I think defences are much stronger in the Prem.

Serie A was THE league for strong defences back in the day but it has changed a lot in recent years.

Premier League Champions conceded 7 in a game last season. Hardly great defending 

Â