Weekends Football 21/23 January

andykeenan

25 minutes ago, a m ole said:

The disallowed goal? not sure when the whistle went, but. It looked to me like, despite what Neville was saying about a ‘soft hand’, that he tripped Silva. Would need to see it in more detail which the VAR would have had to if the whistle went after the ball crossed the line.

I thought the whistle went after the ball went in, it just seemed strange that it was very minimal contact and it wasn't looked at, although looking back as @OutByEaster?said it wouldn't have changed anything

Guess it's just the consistency again

• Like 1

How did Milan do a short corner, it be pulled back and then do the exact same short corner? 

Juve had zero interest in defending it

And it wasn't a corner anyway and not a clue why the ref made them retake it, almost good to see its not just our refs 

Watching Middlesbrough Blackburn. Mowbray vs Wilder. Apparently Wilder has been wearing suits so he can go home straight after the games and doesn't have to shower. Or something like that. 

Anyway I'm watching Aaron Connolly to see if he will ever come good for Ireland. He has won a foul at the half way line, but otherwise I haven't heard his name. He got a tattoo of himself on his arm last week, so maybe that will make him better at football.

• Haha 1

He got a yellow card for a professional foul on the half way line. Might have been the right thing to do. But so far everything he has been involved with has been getting and giving away a free kick in the centre circle. and now he's on a yellow

Commentator said at the end of the game "This is why they are starting to believe, this is why they are dreaming of the good times again" 

Good times again? They'll get promoted then spend a year getting smashed before being relegated again.  Really the only good reason for most Championship teams to get promoted is to pocket some cash and it's only going to get worse. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Commentator said at the end of the game "This is why they are starting to believe, this is why they are dreaming of the good times again" 

Good times again? They'll get promoted then spend a year getting smashed before being relegated again.  Really the only good reason for most Championship teams to get promoted is to pocket some cash and it's only going to get worse. 

They are a decade out of the top flight and even went to League One for a season. I am sure the fans ware delighted were they are especially compared to Bolton another regular team in the top flight for a similar period

• Like 1

Did Keenan not bother to do a midweek matches thread? Part timer.

I was gonna mention that similarly named Keinan Davis has scored for Forest… maybe they are the same person????

Edited by Genie

Â