Formula One - 2022

BOF

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

If you remember last year Merc wasn't looking that good either in the practices. If Mercedes come out at there best, all the other cars will start upgrading early, which is why I believe merc may be toning it down just a bit.

I would normally agree but I think that the porpoising that they are experiencing is a sign they are struggling a little bit this time. Unless of course they are making the car porpoise on purpose and know how to rectify it, and are really taking the piss out of everyone else.

6 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Really cannot see what Horner has done and said to get this abuse.

Is it because he married a Spice Girl.    🤪

Have you seen Drive to Survive?

That answers your question. He’s a word removed

• Like 1

3 hours ago, theboyangel said:

he really cannot help himself can he? 

I imagine his engineers really really wish he'd go and be a tax exile rather than continually pestering them when they're trying to do their work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Lichfield Dean said:

I imagine his engineers really really wish he'd go and be a tax exile rather than continually pestering them when they're trying to do their work.

And have to pretend to like him 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

“Hey Adrian, I know you’re busy on the aero but just thinking, who you thinks got a bigger todger? Me or him? Geri reckons he does alright, but she’d had a few glasses of red and I think she was just trying to wind me up. I’m sure he’s compensating with those big wings on the Merc.”

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

Not yet. How does Toto do or any I'd the other team principals.........

Zac brown and Gunter come across excellently. They seem like top blokes. 

Binotto comes across as cool, calm and stylish. 

Otmar comes across as dull and uninteresting but good at his job. 

Toto comes across as ruthless, a bit pretentious and a winner

Horner comes across as a massive **** bellend

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

See I expect successful team managers to be bell ends, it comes with the territory....

So why do you have such a problem with everyone calling HOrNeR a bellend. When he clearly is a bellend

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

So why do you have such a problem with everyone calling HOrNeR a bellend. When he clearly is a bellend

I don't. I find it quite funny he has so many if you riled. And I bet he would too.

37 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

I don't. I find it quite funny he has so many if you riled. And I bet he would too.

Calling out someone who comes across as a prick is not the same as being riled by him. 
It’s a really quite entertaining.

56 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Of course he would, because he's a prick and pricks like him love getting a reaction. Riled is a tad OTT, it's just dislike. 

1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

Why would I be riled by Christian Horner?

He just comes across as a word removed. That’s all anyone is saying

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

For me there are three levels to it:

I hate Red Bull - I hate that a bored Austrian billionaire decided to mess about with sports in order to plug his brand, I hate that we have a Red Bull "family" of football clubs and that the ownership of these clubs breaks rules both in the countries in which they operate and internationally and that these rules are ignored because (checks notes)...money. I hate that he owns skateboarding, snowboarding, powerboats, mucking about in planes, windsurfing, rockclimbing, and ice hockey and that his sponsorship of so many sporting events allows him influence amongst it's other sponsors, it's rule makers and its broadcast partners. I hate that we have car manufacturers that have competed to win Grand Prix for the best part of a century, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Mercedes etc that now have to share the stage with a manufacturer of gloopy sugary sick.

I hate Horner - he's a smug self satisfied prick and I'd like to see him thoroughly humiliated - he sees no shame in cheating, he gives the impression of a man incapable of warmth, friendship or love with a trophy wife that he needed to support his ego and a sneering distaste for any ethical, moral or common sense obstacle to him stroking that ego.

I hate Verstappen - a joyless, rubber faced facsimile of human life, devoid of its warmer characteristics - incapable of joy and psychotic to the point where he struggles to understand any sort of right or wrong in relation to his own actions.

I would be delighted to see absolutely anyone else finish ahead of the Red Bulls this season.

I agree with nearly all this. Always thought Verstappen suits that team down to the ground, cause he is a bit of a fake too. The only thing that shocks me in that manufactured sports brand is how much Red Bull is worth, that they can sponsor so many sports?

16 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

For me there are three levels to it:

I hate Red Bull - I hate that a bored Austrian billionaire decided to mess about with sports in order to plug his brand, I hate that we have a Red Bull "family" of football clubs and that the ownership of these clubs breaks rules both in the countries in which they operate and internationally and that these rules are ignored because (checks notes)...money. I hate that he owns skateboarding, snowboarding, powerboats, mucking about in planes, windsurfing, rockclimbing, and ice hockey and that his sponsorship of so many sporting events allows him influence amongst it's other sponsors, it's rule makers and its broadcast partners. I hate that we have car manufacturers that have competed to win Grand Prix for the best part of a century, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Mercedes etc that now have to share the stage with a manufacturer of gloopy sugary sick.

I hate Horner - he's a smug self satisfied prick and I'd like to see him thoroughly humiliated - he sees no shame in cheating, he gives the impression of a man incapable of warmth, friendship or love with a trophy wife that he needed to support his ego and a sneering distaste for any ethical, moral or common sense obstacle to him stroking that ego.

I hate Verstappen - a joyless, rubber faced facsimile of human life, devoid of its warmer characteristics - incapable of joy and psychotic to the point where he struggles to understand any sort of right or wrong in relation to his own actions.

I would be delighted to see absolutely anyone else finish ahead of the Red Bulls this season.

Every single word of this made me nod in agreement. I hope Hamilton wins but I'm 100% anyone but redbull