Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

11 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Just fed up with the hysterical bashing of Olsen. If Emi parries that ball to Wilson nothing is said. If he's really that bad Emery will replace before the windows end and everyone's happy

Absolute bollocks, and you know it.

Do you think Olsen is good enough to start games for us should Emi get suspended or injured?

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Absolute bollocks, and you know it.

Do you think Olsen is good enough to start games for us should Emi get suspended or injured?

He doesn’t like to be put on the spot like this.

(grabs popcorn).

32 minutes ago, Villa Gaffa said:

Its just impossible to have any confidence in him.

You just wait for a mistake to happen !

Another keeper is so important with so many games coming this season.

You have to build confidence and then maintain it with games. I'm not sure about him but if he's showing it training and it is just a confidence issue then we need to give him a chance and forgive him a few dodgy moments, all keepers have them especially when they aren't a regular starter. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tinker said:

You have to build confidence and then maintain it with games. I'm not sure about him but if he's showing it training and it is just a confidence issue then we need to give him a chance and forgive him a few dodgy moments, all keepers have them especially when they aren't a regular starter. 

This.

I have little doubt that if there was a good young keeper we could sign, the club would do it on principle. But any new GK needs time for the defence to adjust - I don't think there is another Emi-type keeper out there.
But as much as Olsen scares the bejesus out of us - we can't keep having a revolving doors of keepers in the club. We are wasting millions. 
Plus - Unai has shown how much he can improve our players - why can't he improve Olsen?

Having said all that - I would prefer he was replaced!

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

I doubt very much he reads VT.

Maybe he doesn't but some of his family or friends might.

Being a keeper is the hardest position on the field, from a physiological perspective . A number 2 keeper with Emi being number 1 is a nightmare scenario, he's so good..

2 hours ago, tinker said:

Being a keeper is the hardest position on the field, from a physiological perspective . A number 2 keeper with Emi being number 1 is a nightmare scenario, he's so good..

Looks like we are gonna go with him as number 2 this season, so you are right we need to back him and try to get behind him.

But he isn't up to the job and we can all see it, so think your fighting a losing battle by telling a fan forum not to criticise a player that we can see that,

If we were playing under Gerrard I'd be less concerned but in this system, our keeper has to be very reliable, which he clearly isn't.

2 hours ago, tinker said:

Oh, please.

The club needs to be ruthless, not pathetic.

Â