Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

12 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I know nobody is going to compare to Martinez but he is genuinely the worst Villa goalkeeper I've ever seen, and nobody even comes close. I trust Unai will ship him out in the summer.

You haven't lived very long then.

Olsen is not a good goalkeeper but Enckelman and Postma, I'm sorry to say, were far worse than this guy. Comically worse. Not that long ago, we had to suffer Orjan fecking Nyland for christ sake.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, est1874 said:

You haven't lived very long then.

Olsen is not a good goalkeeper but Enckelman and Postma, I'm sorry to say, were far worse than this guy. Comically worse. Not that long ago, we had to suffer Orjan fecking Nyland for christ sake.

I remember Enckelman and Postma?

Also Nyland, while poor, was much better than Olsen.

i wont comment on the ball he dropped/spilled leaving an open goal that was luckily missed....but.....

the more i watch that Toney goal, the more annoyed i get with it, Olsen literally moves across his goal in a completely upright position, as if he's going for a stroll, if he was rushing across, semi crouched/ready to spring, like most keepers would, he may have had a chance of saving it, but Olsen literally walks across his goal, completely upright and it goes through his legs.....while he is still standing upright, its like he was a member of the Kings Guard he was so straight and upright, no bent knees or spring, ready to adjust.............then he falls on to the post as he tries to close his legs.

He is a really, really poor keeper, even his basic starting body shapes are terrible.

just look at this......

123.gif

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

... wasn't Nyland playing behind Konsa and Mings?

He played 537 minutes behind them. And it was a much less experienced Konsa and Mings. And not sure why you've only mentioned the CBs. The team as a whole was much weaker.

He needs game time before he can be judged, the last time he came in he had a couple of poor games and then hit some form and was decent.

He's not to blame for today, we was poor in midfield. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

... wasn't Nyland playing behind Konsa and Mings?

Most of the time it was players like Tuanzebe and Chester, he never had players like Moreno in front of him, and the likes of Konsa, Mings and Luiz were not as experienced as they are now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

What was the story with Kallinic, he didn't last long?

Olsen is very poor but he has competition from the likes or Postma and Enkleman. 

Michael Oakes is still my favourite no.2 'Keeper. Could always be depended upon when Bosnich was out.

Nigel Spink. Greatest Villa number 2 keeper in history. 

• Like 4

Between Schade's awful header, Olsen's attempt at dealing with it, and Schade's subsequent miss I'm not sure they'll be as hilariously bad a sequence of play in the whole league this season.

At times such as the Spurs win away Olsen can look passable but I think he's just an outdated type of keeper in this era of the game and it inevitably shows itself. Terribly slow and uncomfortable with both being out of his own six yard box and having the ball at his feet.

• Like 3

Â