Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Are we certain we can replace him with a keeper that is better?  He might not be the best, but no half decent keeper is going to come here to be backup. And Emery seemingly likes two keepers on the bench, so even if we managed to get a better 2nd choice keeper, he's surely good enough to be 3rd choice?

He doesn't like 2 Keepers on the bench we just don't have a big enough squad to fill the bench with 8 outfield players he's willing to bring on

16 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He doesn't like 2 Keepers on the bench we just don't have a big enough squad to fill the bench with 8 outfield players he's willing to bring on

He has previously at other clubs, and plenty of foreign teams have 2 keepers on the bench.

23 hours ago, sne said:

For me it's partly that he is the starting keeper for the Swedish national side and will be as long as Andersson is the manager. Even if he doesn't get a second of football he will still start for Sweden and that's not ideal.

He wasn't a terrible keeper up until that robbery. Never looked the same after that sadly.

It was the robbery fault he moves like he's made out of wood lol

17 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It was the robbery fault he moves like he's made out of wood lol

Was it? Think he's just getting old and rusty from not playing.

The robbery likely made him mentally fragile and unfocused what with his family being constantly terrified after being held by knife point in their home and no longer daring to stay there when he's away from home.

He's always been poor with his feet so not suited to our current type of football.

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Sinisalo has to start next game if Emi is out, our season is over if Olsen plays.

Apparently it’s just illness so hopefully Emi gets better in a day or 2.

• Like 1

Olsen has no confidence playing from the back and more importantly he can't.

Everytime he gets it HOOOOOOOOOOOOOF dosnt allow villa to build up play because the keeper can't get involved.

Olsen is one of the worst keepers I've seen in a villa shirt very similar to nyland and Kiraly.

New 2nd keeper needed in summer he is a joke.

Edited by villan501

There was a charity auction last week, and one of the prizes was a pair of signed Olsen gloves. They didn't get a single bid, I think they'd have struggled to give them away to be honest. Comfortably the worst keeper I've ever seen, I'd rather have Kiraly back in his JD Sports jogging bottoms.

Â