Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

ezgif-1-57efe0583e.gif

Ollie should have closed him down. The goal is on him, Olsen reacts slow yes, but he's shooting because Ollie gives him the time and space so of course he doesn't expect the shot.

Not on Ollie for me, what were all the others doing waiting for a cross, why was no one on for the short corner.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Not on Ollie for me, what were all the others doing waiting for a cross, why was no one on for the short corner.

It's fully on Ollie since it's a short corner. He gave ZERO effort to close it down. That is disgusting.

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It's fully on Ollie since it's a short corner. He gave ZERO effort to close it down. That is disgusting.

Yep, a truly feeble effort to get in the way of the ball. Still, Olsen shouldn't be letting that in at his near post.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

If anything Watkins is the only person paying attention. 

Paying attention but not doing anything about it. He's not making anyone, so the second it goes short he needs to be busting a gut to get to the guy that receives it. He's ambling.

Olsen reacts poorly, and should not be being beaten at the near post like that when it hasn't deflected. 

Players as a whole didn't really look like they wanted to be playing tonight. Olsen has the added the shame of not being competent enough for his effort to even matter.

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

If anything Watkins is the only person paying attention. 

Watch Olsen as soon as it’s played short. I know I keep saying it but he was alive to it but the rest of them were statues.

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Paying attention but not doing anything about it. He's not making anyone, so the second it goes short he needs to be busting a gut to get to the guy that receives it. He's ambling.

Olsen reacts poorly, and should not be being beaten at the near post like that when it hasn't deflected. 

Players as a whole didn't really look like they wanted to be playing tonight. Olsen has the added the shame of not being competent enough for his effort to even matter.

You can clearly see from the gif that he's angling his run to try to close down the cross that he presumes is the player's attention, not the shot. That's a misjudgement for sure, but if he'd run to try to block the shot instead it would have been further and I don't think he'd have got there. End of the day, Olsen has to save it. 

30 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Two fouls - he's firstly pulling the player by the shirt (outside the box) but then brings him down inside the box with his legs when tackling.

I actually thought he shouldn't be sent off; if it's the shirt pull and free kick then, yes, red card (no attempt to play the ball) but the second tackle looks like an attempt to win the ball and therefore shouldn't be a red.

didnt they bring in the double jeopardy rule that you no longer get both a pen and red card with the exception being goal line hand balls?

wonder if we have a case for an appeal

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Watching that 2nd goal again, the ball goes under him, very very poor from Olsen. A mate who was at the game said it looked easier to save then let in. 

I was watching from effectively directly behind it in the Upper Doug and I have no idea how he didn't save it. 

1 hour ago, supermon said:

That's deceptive, Ollie had to burst towards the player so didn't close him fast enough. Olsen was done by the pace of the shot.

At his near post.

you say done by the lace of the shot like it’s a valid excuse.

There’s no excuse. A good keeper at this level doesn’t let that shot in. Really poor effort

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I was watching from effectively directly behind it in the Upper Doug and I have no idea how he didn't save it. 

Watch it on TV tonight, it's looks as though he thought the player was gonna cross it, no awareness whatsoever. It was obvious the player was only going one way, wasnt even a hard shot, Olsen literally only had to stand in the corner, Ollie had the other side

40 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

didnt they bring in the double jeopardy rule that you no longer get both a pen and red card with the exception being goal line hand balls?

wonder if we have a case for an appeal

I don't want Dendoncker playing for us again. His suspension is the least of our concerns. 

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

ezgif-1-57efe0583e.gif

Ollie should have closed him down. The goal is on him, Olsen reacts slow yes, but he's shooting because Ollie gives him the time and space so of course he doesn't expect the shot.

How does he not save this....

So poor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Two fouls - he's firstly pulling the player by the shirt (outside the box) but then brings him down inside the box with his legs when tackling.

I actually thought he shouldn't be sent off; if it's the shirt pull and free kick then, yes, red card (no attempt to play the ball) but the second tackle looks like an attempt to win the ball and therefore shouldn't be a red.

It’s the same foul surely? It’s weird that the ref must have decided the first short pull wasn’t a foul in that case, weird. 

8 hours ago, AshVilla said:

How does he not save this....

So poor.

Yep. 15 yards out, he sees it all the way and it passes about a meter from his foot, should have got much closer to that. 

Edited by Genie

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

He must offer something I have not seen because every time I have seen him play he looks like a car crash waiting to happen. I am baffled  by the amount of caps the man has got.

Same with Kalinic and Croatia. Utterly baffling.

Â