Lucas Digne

villan-scott

He had a lot of ball but failed to do enough with it. He attempted 11 crosses today according to the stats but I’m not sure any of them resulted in a genuine chance to score. To be fair Forest defended their box exceptional well but given the time, space and positions which are afforded to him on the ball  the output just wasn’t there

Edited by david-avfc

If we are serious about top 4 , Digne would not be good enough .. his only notable skill set is crossing and in this modern age football , left back are expected to contribute much more like driving into the box , drawing defenders onto them and opening space for other attackers… Digne neither have the dribbling skill / composure to do that and can’t wait for Moreno to be fit .. 

• Like 1

Felt bad for him tbh, he was the only one making the runs and getting himself into space, when he did play some good balls it was the wrong time but there was also a lot of bad crosses and decisions.

Difficult to really say he played badly just because he was our main/only creative outlet tbh.

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Another composed, grafting performance tonight. The kind of consistency we need when we aren't at our best.

As much as he put good work, but attacking wise we’re missing a lot. He gets the ball in dangerous areas but most of the time doesn’t have a clue what to do. It’s a real shame as he’s a very good play.

I think we’re really missing Moreno and Ramsey (Dinge will start and play some game’s especially when we’re expected to defend). But games when we play the whole game in opposition area we definitely need Moreno. Hopefully he’s back soon. As much as I thought we needed him to feature before our draw, as much as I thought it would be a needless risk, as we have a break which could help him more. 

19 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Think the lad needs a rest no matter how much he gets paid per week. 

With his $500mil per week salary I'm guessing he's being cytogenetically sealed after each match with stem cell enhancers.  Thats the only explanation for him playing nearly every minute of every match this season.  UTV

We've gone from French players struggling at Villa to three of them (plus Lenglet who's doing well when called upon) all thriving at the same time. Good stuff. Raising our profile as well, we have some really high profile players playing for us at the mo.

• Like 2

Digne is starting to become one of my favourite players. Got to give him huge respect, he has played basically every minute of all of our games since morenos injury and has barely put a foot wrong. Keep it up 👏

• Like 4

Â