Lucas Digne

villan-scott

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

He's also had plenty of games where is been found wanting, what with his terrible habit of ball - watching. He was excellent Saturday and more so last night, but look at the space and freedom to roam he was given, and someone with the capability to cross a ball as good as he can, he should be delivering balls like that, especially when you consider the wage he's getting. 

If  Moreno is fit, I don't think Digne gets in, for the very reason that Moreno is more dynamic and certainly more consistent. 

For all his attacking work yesterday he got an incredibly stupid yellow card for a Premier League player to get against a team of Hibs quality

A better team/manager would have exploited that

Edited by Zatman

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

For all his attacking work yesterday he got an incredibly stupid yellow card for a Premier League player to get against a team of Hibs quality

Tbf, I didn't think it was worthy of a card, however I have often seen him look very vulnerable when it comes to the defensive side of his game.

No doubt he can deliver a beautiful cross, three assists, and three very decent assists speaks volumes of what he's sometimes capable of. I still think Emery will let him go otherwise we wouldn't be hearing all this noise about him leaving. 

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Yes, he should be sold just for that.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

weird point to target

it should never have been a yellow - happened in the first 10 mins

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Anything11 said:

weird point to target

it should never have been a yellow - happened in the first 10 mins

It was for kicking the ball away after the initial foul I believe so ref has no choice 

3 minutes ago, Kingman said:

It was for kicking the ball away after the initial foul I believe so ref has no choice 

Shame he didn't do the same all the times the Hibs players kicked / threw the ball away in the second half.  I guess he was taking pity on them given it was 4-0.  Although I actually think the ref had a pretty good game.  The only real question mark was on the foul on Digne towards the end - which could easily have been a red card.  I think that the yellow was probably the right call - especially as Digne saw it coming and so was able to adjust his body shape slightly to avoid injury - but I thought he was a bit too quick with just the yellow and should have made it clearer to the player / Hibs captain that it was very close to a red.

I’d be happy too if I was earning that much for doing what I enjoyed!  😂

He won’t get such a deal anywhere else…

Tbf, the LB links haven’t been really exciting (no to Alonso too! Hope that’s false!). Most of us are happy for him to stay, for this season at least, it’s whether Unai is and seems him fitting in…

If Unai wants him replaced… I think most of us would back that decision.

Only boosted his chances with recent performances and professionalism… no moods or tantrums.

We will have to come up with a solution in the near future though… on far too hefty a deal…

But he can still contribute…

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

The right back tucked in last season and still see it and Bailey or whoever on right dropped deep

I'm not talking about what they do, I'm talking about their capability.

we have predominately attacking full backs, who do that part quite well...but there is a consequence to that, when we come up against quality wide players.

7 hours ago, Rolta said:

Complaining about the yellow card is the most absurd nitpick I've ever seen! 😀

Any stick…

• Like 2

I watched the press conference and he didn't seem that certain that he would be saying, he said he was happy for him to leave last week because he had a good offer, and then said something along the lines of as of today he's staying, but didn't seem so sure, and then later in the conference talked more about the possibility of players leaving and them being replaced. Sounded more like there's still a chance of him leaving but as of now he's staying.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, The_Steve said:

For all his attacking prowess, I think those boots are too flashy, and a better team/manager would have exploited that. 

I also think he rather overgrooms. No manager should trust a player with hair that perfect.

• Haha 1

Â