Lucas Digne

villan-scott

On 21/08/2023 at 14:29, AntrimBlack said:

He should only be moved on if we are buying someone better, or if it is financially better.

Otherwise keep him. He is a very good player.

Very good is stretching it, I'd say. He's good. Useful.

Now Moreno is very good. He improved us no end when he came in and replaced Digne last season.

Edited by est1874

My worry with the recent obsession people have over amortisation is it clouds the fact that we will be losing a lot of money on Digne. Someone is paying for the losses, we shouldn't lose sight of that. 

We need him off the wage bill, we should really think about this before putting more Money into signings like a dendonker, acuna etc. 

Never should have sanctioned this signing in the first place, given his age and wage cost. Made no sense. No wonder Purslow got sacked. £30m down the drain.

Edited by villa89
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

Never should have sanctioned this signing in the first place, given his age and wage cost. Made no sense. No wonder Purslow got sacked. £30m down the drain.

It's actually between like £53M-£62M including wages 😬

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

My worry with the recent obsession people have over amortisation is it clouds the fact that we will be losing a lot of money on Digne. Someone is paying for the losses, we shouldn't lose sight of that. 

We need him off the wage bill, we should really think about this before putting more Money into signings like a dendonker, acuna etc. 

Good point.

People think they're being clever by talking about FFP and workarounds, but they can't see the wood for the trees sometimes.

I saw a post about offering Traore a new contract to make room on FFP. Another 3 year Traore deal would be at least £10m. Giving yourselves £2m of FFP headroom doesn't help if you're then paying out £10m to a player of minimal use you'll be releasing anyway.

FFS FFP! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Why the hell we selling him??

Great crosses but we wont play Hibs/Everton level every week and only inept managers will allow him that space and at our level he isnt dynamic enough for his wages

He got a stupid yellow card for example

Edited by Zatman
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Joshie2000 said:

Because we have moron fans that are fascinated with what players earn, rather than what they bring to the team, 2 assists tonight.

Well, I also think the club have concerns about what he earns too, but the last few matches have been his best performances of his entire villa career.

Edited by jimmygreaves

1 minute ago, jimmygreaves said:

Well, I also think the club have concerns about what he earns too, but the last few matches have been his best performances of his entire villa career.

When did the owners, sporting director or manager come out and say this, people to easy to believe ever rumour online, most possible made up by some spotty kid in his bedroom.

If the club was that concerned they wouldn't of given him the contract he's on, he's just the new scapegoat for fans, previously mings and McGinn.

All our players have a price and if we get an offer the club will consider them, doesn't mean there trying to push players out.

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Great crosses but we wont play Hibs/Everton level every week and only inept managers will allow him that space and at our level he isnt dynamic enough for his wages

He got a stupid yellow card for example

Yeah but digne isnt that bad. I mean i think he is worth keeping until January 

Â