Lucas Digne

villan-scott

8 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Slow to agree and pessimism in order...

I know he's quite happy to sign for the highest bidder (looking at what it took to persuade him to come here), but anyone know if he's likely to have some anti-Saudi persuasion?

I think the confusion here is that the Saudi club were trying to sign a Brazilian LB called Lucas but his club now don’t want to sell, hence the pessimism on that deal and the switch to sign our Lucas (Digne) 👍

We paid £25m for him 18 months ago and he’s still in contract… I’d be asking for £30m if they really want him. I wouldn’t be willing to take *less* than we paid whilst he’s fit, performing and with years left on his contract. I want us to keep a happy squad but not at the expense of millions in fees.

Edited by alreadyexists

53 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He’s been nothing but consistent since Moreno’s injury. He’s proven a handy sub when needed. Scored a top class free kick against United last season. I honestly wonder what some people watch sometimes. 

Yeah I think Acuna would be an upgrade on him and he's clearly still behind Moreno when he's fit, but he's certainly not been shite when he's played. But that's social media and football on the internet. You're either the best player in the team, or an utter talentless hack that needs to leave. There is no inbetween.

• Like 1

He’s a good player but this is another Ings situation. Sell him now and get decent money (say £10m), or wait a year when he’s lost a yard of pace and we end up subsidizing part of his wages while he goes on loan to Stoke.

Good player, always put in a shift, very professional. Good business by the club too. Best of luck if you’re off, Lucas.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Enda said:

He’s a good player but this is another Ings situation. Sell him now and get decent money (say £10m), or wait a year when he’s lost a yard of pace and we end up subsidizing part of his wages while he goes on loan to Stoke.

Good player, always put in a shift, very professional. Good business by the club too. Best of luck if you’re off, Lucas.

£10m 18 months after we signed for 1.5x that wouldnt be good. 

Particularly to Saudi, we should be aiming to make a profit (not against his Book value either before the FFP Gurus jump in). And settling for getting our money back.

.... especially as there's no way the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia can afford his wages and we'll probably have to subsidize

6 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

£10m 18 months after we signed for 1.5x that wouldnt be good. 

Particularly to Saudi, we should be aiming to make a profit (not against his Book value either before the FFP Gurus jump in). And settling for getting our money back.

.... especially as there's no way the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia can afford his wages and we'll probably have to subsidize

Sunk cost. Need to make do with what we have, not make bad decisions based on the past.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PeterSw said:

Hopefully the deal doesn't go through before the weekend as we could end up with no recognised left backs available for the Everton game

Just play Revan if needed, don’t think he’d do that bad. 

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

He’s been nothing but consistent since Moreno’s injury. He’s proven a handy sub when needed

Being 2-5/10 isn't the sort of consistency we're after.

You can't have a guy like that as you're top earner.

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

I honestly wonder what some people watch sometimes. 

Agree.

16 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Being 2-5/10 isn't the sort of consistency we're after.

You can't have a guy like that as you're top earner.

Agree.

Again and again. He’s not the top earner. There’s simply no evidence for it so why must you persist? I’ve also said that if a good deal came in we should cash in. I maintain that Digne is a good squad player for us but not irreplaceable. 

Â