Lucas Digne

villan-scott

2 hours ago, Rolta said:

Each time I see it it looks more dangerous. There was no malicious intent, but he's not in control.

I think March body crumbles into Digne after Digne makes contact with him and he loses control

Edited by Zatman

If it was dont to our player, yes, probably would be saying thats a peno, but then at the same time March ran into Digne who causes the collision.

Also, does "Clear and Obvious" error comes into affect? The ref says no Pen, and VAR reviewed and it wasnt a "clear and obvious" error, so no Pen stood?

It wasn't a penalty as Digne had blocked the ball just before the two players clashed into each other. Without the significant diversion/block of the ball it could be a different outcome from the VAR process but after a study of the facts available (video from several angles referenced to football rules), the correct decision was reached.

Perhaps Stockley Park should answer questions on their decisions to clarify doubts or lack in football rule knowledge.

• 1 month later...

Cannot warm to him.

Stinks of the overindulgence of the Gerrard era.

Barely 5-10% better than Targett and we've blown a fortune on him.

One of the first players in today's XI that needs replacing IMO and we bought him a year ago. That is rank recruitment.

• Like 2

I thought he was an attacking fullback? He doesn’t offer much more that Targett in that department, and I think MT Is a better defender. 

Ordinary player, got into some good positions but proceeded to pass the ball backwards instead of trying to get the ball in between the defenders and the keeper.  Really not impressed by what I have seen of him so far. 

Wasn't helped by a lack of support from Buendia, but some of his decisions off the ball were really poor for an experienced player

Charging out trying to win balls he never was going to, standing still watching dangerous balls go right past him, trying to pass off players to centre backs who already have their hands full 

Everton did amazing to get £25 mil and off the wage bill...

He don't like defending. Lacks pace to be very good full back. 

Hoping and praying Ben Chrisene comes good and can replace him soon.

A naive signing for a club in our position. High wages, wrong age profile, high fee. And you absolutely need those players to be your top performers if you're going to make those moves, we've made two. Digne and Coutinho... And it's hardly been a rip roaring success in either case. 

2 minutes ago, Dale said:

A naive signing for a club in our position. High wages, wrong age profile, high fee. And you absolutely need those players to be your top performers if you're going to make those moves, we've made two. Digne and Coutinho... And it's hardly been a rip roaring success in either case. 

It was stupid not naive. He was the ultimate Gerrard type of signing. Big name but done nothing to earn the reputation

Everton were delighted to get rid of him, they even changed managers a few days later so can't imagine the board would have sanctioned a transfer if cared

Â