Lucas Digne

villan-scott

Just now, Zatman said:

It was stupid not naive

That's fair. 

Find it wild that we ripped up a very decent transfer strategy for the guy from the Hyundai advert. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Everton were delighted to get rid of him, they even changed managers a few days later so can't imagine the board would have sanctioned a transfer if cared

I thought the Everton fans were livid about it? 

Digne’s a funny one. I rarely watch a game where I think he’s the problem, but equally there’s been very few games where he’s justified his price tag.

In his defence, all our full backs have looked terrible since Gerrard took over, and most left backs in world football are going to have a rough day against Salah and Trent, so maybe worth giving him a few more games under Emery before rushing to judge.

You’d also expect the whole back line to look more confident and organised with Emi back.

Digne very much one of those who could go either way. I would hang on to him but sign someone younger to challenge him for his spot.

On 26/12/2022 at 22:08, av1 said:

I thought he was an attacking fullback? He doesn’t offer much more that Targett in that department, and I think MT Is a better defender. 

MT has more presence.....Lucas Digne is a better footballer, but lightweight,  just not sure we need one of them.....I think it was  not a good signing in the respect, it wasn't what the team wanted IMV.

2 Full backs, who are not blessed with stopping crosses, or general defending.....leaves an awful lot, for the centre backs to do.

• Like 2

On 27/12/2022 at 00:22, sidcow said:

I thought the Everton fans were livid about it? 

like most clubs, fans are divided, on what type of players the club signs or sells.

ask another fan, and he is likely to be delighted.....hasn't made much difference to them, has it?

On 27/12/2022 at 11:00, KentVillan said:

In his defence, all our full backs have looked terrible since Gerrard took over

Not sure I 100% agree with this - they were tasked with an impossible job under Gerrard, but Cash was deservedly our player of the season last year, and Young has probably been our most consistent performer this season. I think there's a fair case to be made that Digne has underperformed each of them for most of the time he's been here.

Agree with the rest of your analysis - he's not the problem, but he's not justified his price tag and has generally just been pretty underwhelming. Clearly a talented player, so you'd hope Emery can get him performing to a higher standard

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Not sure I 100% agree with this - they were tasked with an impossible job under Gerrard, but Cash was deservedly our player of the season last year, and Young has probably been our most consistent performer this season. I think there's a fair case to be made that Digne has underperformed each of them for most of the time he's been here.

Agree with the rest of your analysis - he's not the problem, but he's not justified his price tag and has generally just been pretty underwhelming. Clearly a talented player, so you'd hope Emery can get him performing to a higher standard

Fair points, yep, there have been periods when Cash and Young have looked good

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Is Digne going to throw the head up and ask to leave if Emery signs a new first choice LB?

We aren’t exactly over stocked with full backs and so I doubt we’d look to actively sell him now. He like everyone else has to accept that it’s a squad game now. Since we now have a manager who knows how to use a squad and substitutes then that shouldn’t be a problem. 

• Like 1

Â