Lucas Digne

villan-scott

On 07/11/2022 at 11:10, Tomaszk said:

We'll have to disagree.

Not on this though. Down there with Sherwood as a non-manager. Clueless.

Hope so! Great start. 

You can probably add about 25% to everyone's performance across the board before we kick a ball in any game.

Just add to this...

Borna Sosa being available in Jan for £15m is another reason Digne wasn't a sensible signing. Players will crop up, you shouldn't spend for the sake of it. It's all Gerrard ever talked about.

The club we are, position we're in, £30m signings that we'll be paying loads and getting nothing back on need to markedly make an immediate improvement to our XI. Digne was never that. Annoyingly he's picked up more injuries than before as well. Hopefully he gets over that.

Edited by Tomaszk

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Even with that I'm pretty sure it's still wrong. Hourihane scored one against Newcastle a couple of seasons ago.

He did but although it's quite nit-picky it isn't counted as "direct" as he laid it off to Grealish, who trapped the ball for him to then shoot.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

Thought he played especially well today defensively, more than a couple key stops out on the wing

Yes thought that was his best 45 minutes for us first half, don't think March got passed him once and he passed well enough.

Hopefully as we keep on moving up the league and play a more balanced 4-2-3-1 he'll be giving licence to go foward more.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Yes thought that was his best 45 minutes for us first half, don't think March got passed him once and he passed well enough.

Hopefully as we keep on moving up the league and play a more balanced 4-2-3-1 he'll be giving licence to go foward more.

What’s wrong with the 4-4-2 / 4-2-2-2 ?

8 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

What’s wrong with the 4-4-2 / 4-2-2-2 ?

Depends who the final two are, Ings/Watkins hasn't worked on many many occasions now so it has to be a case of either from now given Ings has finally started looking like the forward at Southampton in last month and Ollie will have his uses v certain opposition.

Of course Bailey can be effective as central forward as he's shown lately but would rather see him out wide as we'll need pace to get up the pitch and we just don't have enough players in the squad capable of that currently.

January will be a very interesting window anyway with us moving nicely up the league.

3 hours ago, Steero113 said:

@Zatman where you at bud? 

Our "barely a footballer, Rafa saw right through him" left back looked pretty decent going both ways today. I would be interested to hear your thoughts. 

He Nearly cost us a penalty today. He was ok before that but them penalties have been given

Harry Kane got one in that way

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Woody1000 said:

When you nail your colours to the mast, they stay there! 😂

not really I said he played well last weekend. I am willing to admit players or managers do a good job

I am a Villa fan so not sure the issue. I praised the trainee when he did OK last season

This microscopic analysis of the game by Carragher and Neville is dangerous, it’s very dangerous. Their voice carries more power than someone say without a playing career. March wasn’t even in Digne’s eyeline FFS. He was following through the ball and March came into him, not the other way around. It would be beyond physics if Digne could pull away his leg at the speed it would take to avoid contact. His brain wouldn’t even be able to communicate it to his leg to do so in that timeframe. Ridiculous stuff. 

• Like 1

Played really well today and while they should have had a penalty it’s not like it was a poor decision that caused it, he was in the process of clearing it and the player wasn’t in his eyesight and no shout from his teammates, just one of those. We’ve had plenty go against us over the years, this was one that went our way.

It doesn’t detract at all from the fact that he is playing really well for us at the moment. Long may it continue.

Â