Lucas Digne

villan-scott

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He hasn’t been shunned, he said he wanted to leave and has been dropped since, rightly so too.

Don’t think that’s totally accurate - think he told Rafa he didn’t think they should be playing awful defensive football and should try to win games, then got dropped, then said he wants to leave. According to the Evertonians I know anyway - though admittedly they may be blinded by their hatred for Rafa!

13 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Don’t think that’s totally accurate - think he told Rafa he didn’t think they should be playing awful defensive football and should try to win games, then got dropped, then said he wants to leave. According to the Evertonians I know anyway - though admittedly they may be blinded by their hatred for Rafa!

Their fans are fuming - lots of annoyance over many things, E.g. apparently Digne was taken off corners months ago by Rafa but he’s still got their best corner stats for the season or something along those lines. 

5 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Their fans are fuming - lots of annoyance over many things, E.g. apparently Digne was taken off corners months ago by Rafa but he’s still got their best corner stats for the season or something along those lines. 

Rafa was a quality manager 15 years ago but just a bit of a dinosaur now - “my way or the highway” doesn’t work in modern football. And Gerrard doesn’t like Rafa and will have known this was an opportunity. I like Targett a lot so I wouldn’t have focused on this deal versus other positions - but I love how Gerrard has likely managed this from his understanding of Rafa.

9 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

West Ham might be getting Gabriel Barbosa on an 18-month loan deal, with a £30m option to buy.

That's a very good deal. Shame we don't need a striker.

Listening to Phil Vickery last week and it seems that he isnt all that . Not the player that it would sound like you are getting 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Can't believe people are getting their knickers in a twist about the message.   Get a grip people. 

Hilarious that people always moan about mercenary footballers yet as soon as one shows some fondness it's seen as an insult. 

I think it's nice that he felt attachment to the club and fans. It's over now and he's accepted that and shown some class acknowledging them. 

He's a pro, how many of our players do people think only want to be at Villa and nowhere else?  Footballers are just in a a job and move on if they get better offers or don't like how their job is going.  It doesn't mean they don't give their all when they're on the pitch. 

Plus we all know this club gets under people's skin. He'll soon realise the Everton he thought he loved were actually a dowdy old lover and now he's hit the jackpot with a stunner. 

I think he’ll be a Villan on his first day and stay as that. Kind of like Elmo or Jedinak… once the Villa bug bites, you’re in deep!

• Like 1

Digne’s statement was perfectly fine - it’s quite telling that some are over looking the fact that Digne said he would not enter into a war of words because the fans and the club deserve better. Of course, he was unhappy about how it ended, but proud of what he achieved. It’s a genuine and heartfelt statement. He’s clearly a man of integrity. 

Don’t forget, our data and analysis teams work extensively on the attitudes and personalities of players, that is a big factor in any move. 

For those seeking to undermine it, we are signing one of the biggest names and experienced left backs in the league. Forget the circumstances, it’s a massive coup. 

Edited by The_Steve

From what i see he is intelligent enough to write a statement like that in a foreign language and not come off like a knob. And that bodes well. Unless of course he just used Google translate.  Looking forward to seeing him in a Villa kit. And yes ,

Gerrard will know more than anyone else how easy it is to feel anger towards Paellardyce

Edited by MWARLEY2

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

From what i see he is intelligent enough to write a statement like that in a foreign language and not come off like a knob. And that bodes well. Unless of course he just used Google translate.  Looking forward to seeing him in a Villa kit. And yes ,

Gerrard will know more than anyone else how easy it is to feel anger towards Paellardyce

He is a bloody genius if he gets google translate to come out with that. 

• Haha 1

Â