Africa Cup Of Nations

gwi1890

23 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

The commentator said he had a really good game ?!

I mean, I'm not saying he was bad, he made a few nice passes and a few direct attacking runs forward that kept Senegal 'on their toes', I thought he was ok overall, just not quite as good as I'd hoped for the occasion... two corners that didn't clear the first defender, and not quite fast enough to shoot on one occasion, a scuffed shot as well... Like MJ says, it must be being rusty after a long time out with the injury.

Edited by robby b
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, mjmooney said:

He's been out injured for ages, of course he's rusty. 

True, it was ages that he was out injured, to be fair. He did start in three of Burkina Faso's games in the tournament before the semi and played almost the full 90 in each but I guess it takes a few games till a player isn't rusty anymore. And I suppose he isn't fully fit yet either.

And maybe I was wrong, maybe he was quite good last night rather than just ok, I lost my internet connection for the first 20 minutes! :s

I think African nations have regressed. 

Produce loads of quality players though. They just lack that spark as teams. 

Edited by Xela

Egypt demanding that the date of the final be changed and moved a day so that they can get more rest is a bit pathetic isn't it?

Can you imagine if Italy had suggested a few days out that we move the final of the European Championship by a day? They'd have been laughed out of the place.

Egypt seem to have a strange idea of their influence on things in the AFCON.

On 04/02/2022 at 20:06, Xela said:

Guaranteed the final will be 0-0 and decided on penalties. 

Most games in AFCON are rubbish unfortunately. 

Salah and Mane to miss penalties and Trez to panenka his way to history

Overhearing someone in the pub talk about the quality of football on offer in this tournament, I made the mistake of agreeing with him and we got talking. When he mentioned that 'they' can't take penalties, I countered that Egypt's penalties were flawless. I think this was seen as something of an anomaly in his eyes, and I checked out of the conversation at that point and continued to watch the game on the screen. 

What are you supposed to do in these situations?

55 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Overhearing someone in the pub talk about the quality of football on offer in this tournament, I made the mistake of agreeing with him and we got talking. When he mentioned that 'they' can't take penalties, I countered that Egypt's penalties were flawless. I think this was seen as something of an anomaly in his eyes, and I checked out of the conversation at that point and continued to watch the game on the screen. 

What are you supposed to do in these situations?

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Â