Yves Bissouma

Corleone

52 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Apparently it was due to be the 5th January, but was extended until 27th Jan. 

You stated this incorrectly on Monday and I added the correct information a few minutes later.  Presumably you know that the January 5th date extended to the January 27th date applies only to "the man in his forties" and that Bissouma has been released from bail while the matter is under investigation. So this repeated post of yours is disinformation and confuses the current situation.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

True but I cant see us sending doctors down to Cameroon or the club having a contact down there who does medicals

Why would we not do that? A 40m/50m transfer fee and 5m a year for 4 or 5 year contract is a 100m deal. T&E of sending a few people to Mali by private plane is insignificant in relation to the cost of the deal

1 hour ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Would love this signing, very unfortunate with all the uncertainty around the personal matters though. I saw this on Twitter a few weeks back and thought it was a nice clip.  

That tweet isn't ageing too well :)

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

You stated this incorrectly on Monday and I added the correct information a few minutes later.  Presumably you know that the January 5th date extended to the January 27th date applies only to "the man in his forties" and that Bissouma has been released from bail while the matter is under investigation. So this repeated post of yours is disinformation and confuses the current situation.

Thanks for the confirmation Judge Judy! 

3 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

You haven't added an important 'fact'. He is no longer on bail. That was cancelled on January 4th.

You are sort of right . . . there is a 90-day limit that a person can be held on bail, before the police need to apply for an extension. They applied for the extension for the man in his 40s, but not for Bissouma, so Bissouma's status as of now is 'under investigation' with no travel restrictions (see, eg: https://www.brightonandhovenews.org/2022/01/04/bissouma-can-play-in-africa-cup-after-police-release-him-under-investigation/ ). This is slightly different from bail being 'cancelled', I would say, though for now the effect is the same.

• Like 1

I've started flip flopping on this and might even make a U Turn 

Was just listening to 1874 Podcast with them talking about game and transfers 

It made me think that, aside from the " allegations " spending 50 mill for a player with only 18 months on his contract in January might be stupid. ( Even considering he might gut be much harder to sign in summer )

If be ok if we went for another top class loan or the Zakaria bloke who has been mentioned, for now.

Obviously, the board will know what is best, but my view looking in 🤔

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

If everything is cleared in terms of the allegations, I don't think £50m is horrific if he is going to be in our central midfield for the next 4 years. If he leaves before that, because he is class, I'm sure we would get more than what we paid for him back.

He is exactly what we need, and I can't think of a better ready made midfielder that could come in and make an immediate impact.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

True but I cant see us sending doctors down to Cameroon or the club having a contact down there who does medicals

We’ve got a fully qualified Nigerian doctor so no problem there. Also his brother has £50 million in a bank account that he can’t get out of the country. Unless we can send him a couple of million so he can smooth a couple of things over then he can get it out in his doctors bag. 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've started flip flopping on this and might even make a U Turn 

Was just listening to 1874 Podcast with them talking about game and transfers 

It made me think that, aside from the " allegations " spending 50 mill for a player with only 18 months on his contract in January might be stupid. ( Even considering he might gut be much harder to sign in summer )

If be ok if we went for another top class loan or the Zakaria bloke who has been mentioned, for now.

Obviously, the board will know what is best, but my view looking in 🤔

I agree with the principle of what u are saying. But I do think they want European football sooner rather than later. The appear to have made this clear to Gerrard and have tasked him to deliver it. He won't be too interested in sell of fees or potential. He looks to be bringing in players that will deliver now and not in a couple of seasons. But I love that the club are still looking to the future with the likes of Kerr Smith. Each of the last few windows we have now spent 1m+ of starlets which can only be a good thing

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I like this thread, it's like a crash course in English criminal law 🤓

To you who have seen both players, who is better of Bissouma and Zakaria?

Only seen limited amount of Gladbach this season, but...

Zakaria

...by miles.

Guys an absolute specimen and has rock solid technique, tackles all day and all night. 

Unfortunately he is going to Utd it looks like. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Only seen limited amount of Gladbach this season, but...

Zakaria

...by miles.

Guys an absolute specimen and has rock solid technique, tackles all day and all night. 

Unfortunately he is going to Utd it looks like. 

Yeah in the clips of him he looks incredible, but there is always this doubt of how players from the Bundesliga adapts to the tempo of the PL, I guess Bissouma would be a safer option. But just looking at the clips I'm more sold on Zakaria, looks an absolute monster!

8 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Financially we can do  alot of signings this window because we've such  large profit from Jacks sale and all new signings have the fee amortised over the 4 / 5 years of their contracts. 

Then when we sell Trez / AEG / Guilbert etc.. we book nice profits too while also reducing our wage bill. We have plenty of room under FFP to overhaul this squad. Bissouma and a new CB are the two key signings left to do

They might be amortised over 4/5 years but the books still have to be balanced over those years and we can only sell Grealish once. In a few years time when we are still booking these players as losses we will either have to find an increase in revenue to cover it or have a few lean years with expenditure (this is the point Everton have come to now).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

They might be amortised over 4/5 years but the books still have to be balanced over those years and we can only sell Grealish once. In a few years time when we are still booking these players as losses we will either have to find an increase in revenue to cover it or have a few lean years with expenditure (this is the point Everton have come to now).

I would be lying if I said the spending didn’t worry me. 

• Like 1

Â