Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

14 hours ago, calcifer said:

In a year where the Saudis are throwing Monday at some bang average players. (Saint Max) We get the county that doesnt want to splash out. 

Yes his wage bill is off the book, how is that going to help us if we get some more injuries between now and Jan (please don't say it won't happen because look at out awful luck so far) 

Would have been a useful player to have in the squad. 

Are you ITK? How do you know that a Saudi club didn't come in for him and he rejected them?

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

I was thinking this. 

If this 50% of ANY fee is due to Barca it makes sense to loan him out at say £7m this year, £7m next year and a possible £7m third year gives us £21m and sharing nothing with Barca. 

Stop the bed wetting folks. 

Exactly this, if I understand it right we don't pay the 50% for a loan.  Clears all the wages too which is a huge part of the burden.  We may have even asked for the loan.

35 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Him and Diego have been awful signings.

Barely ever available for selection

Bit harsh, especially on Carlos. Got a freak injury in his first game and is now working his way back in. Coutinho was a gamble that hasn't paid off after a bright loan spell. I daresay he has helped boost our global exposure though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

Him and Diego have been awful signings.

Barely ever available for selection

Diego pretty much was never injured prior to joining villa. Think I remember reading something like he missed 5 games in 5 years or something. Just been hit by the Villa curse.

Coutinho had injury problems prior to joining so was always a risk there.

19 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

The jury is still out. Don't pretend it's not

I think the jury of him being "an awful" signing is very much settled.

He might not be great, he might not be successful.

But he is not "awful". 

Lescott was awful.

Diego Carlos (or Coutinho for that matter) are definitely not in the "awful" category. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

I was thinking this. 

If this 50% of ANY fee is due to Barca it makes sense to loan him out at say £7m this year, £7m next year and a possible £7m third year gives us £21m and sharing nothing with Barca. 

Stop the bed wetting folks. 

I think Coutinho's annual salary is close to £7M, so we would actually gain £0M in three years, instead of selling him with £20M even if paying 50% to Barca, we would still gain £10M. 

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

I think the jury of him being "an awful" signing is very much settled.

He might not be great, he might not be successful.

But he is not "awful". 

Lescott was awful.

Diego Carlos (or Coutinho for that matter) are definitely not in the "awful" category. 

Yeah that's fair. Just not convinced and injuries means still wait and see

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

If we get M'bappe and he gets injured 2 games in, is he a bad signing? 

Mbappe would generate massive amounts of money through shirt sales so not exactly like for like.

Coutinho and Carlos has not contributed on the pitch and are just sucking out wages.

On current evidence they are bad signings.

Edited by Pinebro
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, vazquez said:

I think Coutinho's annual salary is close to £7M, so we would actually gain £0M in three years, instead of selling him with £20M even if paying 50% to Barca, we would still gain £10M. 

Depends if we are still paying his salary. If the loan club are paying his salary, and giving us a loan fee, then we do gain. £7m salary not being spent, plus the loan fee coming in. 

55 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Mbappe would generate massive amounts of money through shirt sales so not exactly like for like.

Coutinho and Carlos has not contributed on the pitch and are just sucking out wages.

Wouldn't Carlos's wages be covered by insurance, as suggested with Mings?

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

We don't make money through shirt sales. No modern club does

• Like 1

Â