Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

15 hours ago, tomav84 said:

pretty much the only time coutinho has been fit enough to start under emery it was he that started and bailey was on the bench

He was fit for 9 games since Unai came in and just started twice. One a shambolic performance va Stevenage

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It looks flash on a training pitch, Can he do it on a Premier League pitch for 90 minutes?

This is the big question. Time will tell.

if he does stay, i guess Emery will use him as an impact sub tbh, or to help us control a game from the bench if needed etc.

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He was fit for 9 games since Unai came in and just started twice. One a shambolic performance va Stevenage

Yep. 9 games under Unai - he featured in 7 of them which were off the bench towards the end of nesrly all of those games.

In the 8th of those 9 games he started against Arsenal and lasted about an hour before being taken off.

The other one time he was in the squad he was on the bench as an unused sub against Wolves. He was out injured again after that for the remaining 3 games of the season.

His attitude is not in doubt.

His aptitude probably isn't either.

His ability to not get injured is the real question.

I don't think even Emery can magic him better from injury,  but if Coutinho's body stays working, Emery will definitely get the magic out of him. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

I've just emailed the link to all the Saudi clubs' scouting departments, as a promotional video for a prospective purchase. Thanks Team Phil! 

You have done fine work there sir 🤣

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Seems to me he is doing all he can to be fit for the start of pre season, if he can & he can stay fit through pre season & our pre season fixtures then he could be a big player for us next season with hopefully 60+ games to play. 🤞crossing everything for him.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It looks flash on a training pitch, Can he do it on a Premier League pitch for 90 minutes?

This is the big question. Time will tell.

If he can stay fit and he beasts himself in preseason. Emery and his team can get the best out of him. He has the talent and Emery seemed a wizard of taking "has been rejects" to Villareal and getting them to perform to new heights. 

People would be shocked to see how high Coutinhos defensive stats are for us. He's in top 10% or higher in tackles, defensive one on ones etc.. for an attacking player. His work off the ball last season when he played was very very good, people forget that. 

Maybe his fitness levels aren't there anymore to play full 90 mins games but we've 5 subs now and bigger squad. We can't sell him due to the 50% sell on clause for Barca so we need to get behind him and let Emery and his team get to work

• Like 4

9 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

On a cold rainy night in Stoke. 

Edited by sidcow

7 hours ago, MrBlack said:

I don't think even Emery can magic him better from injury,  but if Coutinho's body stays working, Emery will definitely get the magic out of him. 

Yeh agreed. 

I wouldn't be at all fussed if we let Coutinho go because of his injury record. 

That said, he's the best footballer at the club and I really, really want to see him do it next season. He's absolutely f****** magic when he's on it. His first half performance against Leeds (whenever it was), is almost unrivalled. 

10 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Really need our fitness team to pull off a miracle getting his body to work again 

11 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Really need our fitness team to pull off a miracle getting his body to work again 

Need the transfer team to get the best possible fee for him to free up his wages.

• Like 1

On 28/06/2023 at 22:10, AvfcRigo82 said:

Can he do it on a Premier League pitch for 90 minutes?

But that's not what we need necessarily. A fit, motivated Coutinho bringing even half the magic of old would be one hell of a substitute. Personally I hope this story can still come good.

• Like 3

Â