Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

41 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Still better than Buendia. 

so our current squad, i'd say there are 10 places which are nailed down.

standard back 5

4 from tielmans, luiz, kamara, mcginn & ramsey

watkins & TBD

then 1 space left for another forward player out of buendia, coutinho, bailey, and traore. i think even coutinho's harshest critics would still put him above bailey and traore which means he's battling with buenda for the remaining place in the 11. based on that, i'm quite surprised people want him gone so badly because we don't exactly have an abundance of options in the wide/number 10 role

now, if we sign a couple of quality forward options, then my view might change. but as things stand, we need coutinho.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Bloody hell, is that a picture of when he arrived at Villa compared to now? Christ he has aged. 

Weirdly it seems to be a regular that happens to players and managers when they join the Villa. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

standard back 5

watkins & TBD

then 1 space left for another forward player out of buendia, coutinho, bailey, and traore. i think even coutinho's harshest critics would still put him above bailey and traore which means he's battling with buenda for the remaining place in the 11. based on that, i'm quite surprised people want him gone so badly because we don't exactly have an abundance of options in the wide/number 10 role

now, if we sign a couple of quality forward options, then my view might change. but as things stand, we need coutinho.

I'd be absolutely amazed if a quality forward didn't join this window.

47 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Come.on saudis you know its tempting 😏 

If it doesn't happen, you know it's because the Saudis see us as a rival to Newcastle and Chelsea.

How can they want to sign lumps like Koulibaly and not Coutinho who actually is a world star.

Corrupt as it comes.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

If it doesn't happen, you know it's because the Saudis see us as a rival to Newcastle and Chelsea.

How can they want to sign lumps like Koulibaly and not Coutinho who actually is a world star.

Corrupt as it comes.

This. 

21 hours ago, tomav84 said:

standard back 5

watkins & TBD

I suspect that Emery has Bailey in front of Coutinho in his order of preference 

1 minute ago, picicata said:

I suspect that Emery has Bailey in front of Coutinho in his order of preference 

pretty much the only time coutinho has been fit enough to start under emery it was he that started and bailey was on the bench

7 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

pretty much the only time coutinho has been fit enough to start under emery it was he that started and bailey was on the bench

Well, yes, but that's why I think Emery views him as lower down his order than Bailey. Coutinho is far too unreliable due to his general fitness to be considered important to the squad.

We should try and sell him to some unsuspecting suckers and then run off laughing, just as Barca did to us

I don't think Emery has a pecking order that works like that. Different players suit different formations and approaches to matches and different opposition. I'm sure everyone hear when the transfer window closes will have a role to play, everyone that leaves will just be one less option. Hopefully people we bring in give us more options and perform to a more consistent standard when called upon. 

• Like 2

Â