Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

The match commentator yesterday said he was out with a shoulder injury...

Now it's a hamstring...

Neither of which were announced until yesterday...

Is there something else going on here?

well, ignoring the commentators, Emery said in one of his post match interviews that it was a hamstring, and around 1 month.

so it is prob that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Now it's a hamstring...

Yeah... The match commentator knows **** all.

On 25/02/2023 at 14:36, Paul33 said:

Not in the squad because a Dyche Everton will simply destroy him. Phil is pretty decent in games where the opposition will let you play (as per last week) but in tight, physical games against teams out to lump anything with skill then he is a fly on a windscreen and is rightly not in the team.

This is perhaps the biggest crock of s**t I've read on here this year so far, which is a massive achievement. 

Talk about conjecture. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

Now it's a hamstring...

aliens-ancient.gif

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I don't doubt Emery's ability to get him firing, I do doubt Coutinhos ability to stay fit for a season. I don't know if he's played 90 minutes for us yet and my feeling is he's had 3 injuries since joining, typically we lose him for a month.

Unfortunately I'd cut losses if given the chance. A great talent but I think his body seems to have given up.

Ill be suprised if he plays more than 5 games for us again before let go in summer

Obviously we will have a wesley situation where  we have to loan him out each season as nobody stupid enough to take him permanently from us

9 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Hopefully we get rid in the summer.

Not sure who will take him so probably another loss in terms of money paid.

He has 3 years left on massive wages thanks to Gerrard. It will probably be a loan out to a Turkish side followed by a pay off for the rest of the contract in a couple of years time.

It was fun when he first joined but really other than a few flashes of skill he has looked washed up since we bought him in the summer.

• Like 1

I think he was doing really well before he got his latest injury. I think the way we are playing now with the build up play he'll be a real asset. We're paper thin on the attacking front so I wouldn't be in a rush to try get rid of him. 

I'd like to see him get some time as the second forward and dropping deep from the front line the way Buendia has done recently. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

He has 3 years left on massive wages thanks to Gerrard. It will probably be a loan out to a Turkish side followed by a pay off for the rest of the contract in a couple of years time.

It was fun when he first joined but really other than a few flashes of skill he has looked washed up since we bought him in the summer.

So you didn't watch his last few games before injury then? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I wonder how many Gerrard decisions Emery has been told about / come across and had this reaction

what-bruh.gif

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

1 goal. 0 assists.  Not pulling up trees this season.

He was playing really well. 

Like most players he can't be judged by his time under Gerrard. 

Like the other players Emery was getting a song out of him before his injury. 

21 minutes ago, Hev said:

So this thread has been bumped purely for people to have a go at PC again? 

Yes. If you need to moan it's very hard to find something to moan about at the moment given the teams form and results.

So have a pop at Coutinho. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Hev said:

So this thread has been bumped purely for people to have a go at PC again? 

Well, the person who bumped it said they have high hopes for when he returns - so no.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Well, the person who bumped it said they have high hopes for when he returns - so no.

Aah i misunderstood "blast put the gates" to mean out of Villa Park. 

Â