Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

30 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

What's happened to his pace? Did he get injured at Barcelona or something?

Suffered a major knee injury. Also had a niggling ankle problem. He still played well for Bayern but they didn’t make his move permanent. 

At some point, one has to accept that the body no longer matches the mind. 

He might still have the individual touches but the explosiveness and ability to beat players is completely gone and every shot is hit too hard to overcompensate for that lack of power in his shot too. 

I do feel for the lad. Seems well liked and a good trainer but if you can’t dance past Stevenage then what is the point?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

The frustrating thing is it was obvious he had lost it *before* we committed to paying him a massive long permanent contract. Hard to imagine a club daft enough to take him off our hands. 

He needs to go to the MLS. 

The sooner we stop with the experiment the better, we can only use him off the bench. Try and move him on but if we can't we take the hit, he is a good trainer and a professional by all accounts he won't cause any trouble and eventually there will be a solution.

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

The frustrating thing is it was obvious he had lost it *before* we committed to paying him a massive long permanent contract. Hard to imagine a club daft enough to take him off our hands. 

Exactly, at the end of his loan him and the manager should have been shown the door as it was obvious neither were good enough.

8 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Suffered a major knee injury. Also had a niggling ankle problem. He still played well for Bayern but they didn’t make his move permanent. 

He had 6 goal involvements in all the goals vs woeful Werder Bremen then did nothing much else. That's why I wasn't keen on him coming initially and posted on here as much. I think half his season goal and assist tally came from that 1 game

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

I don't know why people are picking him out. Coutinho and Sanson were only players to do well. Coutinho started the move for our goal. He also should have had an assist for a 2-0 goal but nobody got on end of it. His shooting was poor. I got the feeling watching it that if he had other players around him like say if Kamara and JJ were in the team more would have come off. 

Just now, CVByrne said:

I don't know why people are picking him out. Coutinho and Sanson were only players to do well. Coutinho started the move for our goal. He also should have had an assist for a 2-0 goal but nobody got on end of it. His shooting was poor. I got the feeling watching it that if he had other players around him like say if Kamara and JJ were in the team more would have come off. 

The agenda for some is pathetically transparent, little criticism for certain players and their lack of efforts yesterday. Yet, it’s Phil who is still under the intense microscope. He showed moments of real quality and clearly was trying to prove himself. It didn’t go right but it happens to the best players. 

• Like 1

Phil isn’t some experiment, he’s a valued member of the squad who is struggling for confidence. Some of the comments about him go far beyond fair criticism of his performance yesterday. There’s a lot of problems in the squad, but Phil isn’t solely responsible for it. 

• Like 2

In general play I actually thought he was one of our better players, which isn't really saying much, but I didn't think there wasn't much difference between his performance and Sanson's who is getting praise, His shooting was atrocious though. He obviously wasn't great, could tell by his own reaction after being brought of that he wasn't pleased with himself.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The agenda for some is pathetically transparent, little criticism for certain players and their lack of efforts yesterday. Yet, it’s Phil who is still under the intense microscope. He showed moments of real quality and clearly was trying to prove himself. It didn’t go right but it happens to the best players. 

When does it ever 'go right' for him? The criticism he's facing is in part because yesterday is not some isolated incident. 

• Like 4

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

When does it ever 'go right' for him? The criticism he's facing is in part because yesterday is not some isolated incident. 

I thought he had a good game under the circumstance. His shooting was below par yes, but he was trying hard and linking the play. His cross should have been buried to make it 2-0. 

People having a different opinion to you isn't an "agenda"

If he hadn't wasted the ball with 5 pot shots that nearly put the floodlights out, he'd probably not be getting anywhere near as much criticism

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DJBOB said:

At some point, one has to accept that the body no longer matches the mind. 

He might still have the individual touches but the explosiveness and ability to beat players is completely gone and every shot is hit too hard to overcompensate for that lack of power in his shot too. 

I do feel for the lad. Seems well liked and a good trainer but if you can’t dance past Stevenage then what is the point?

Yes clearly a troubled player felt a bit sorry for him when the TV pictures kept cutting to him when he was sat on the bench.

Â