Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Looks doubtful McGinn and Luiz will both play against Wolves. If not, I’d like to see Coutinho pushed up behind Watkins and Bailey play wide in the 4. 

My opinion has never changed on Coutinho. He’s the best player at the club. It’s whether or not he wants to push himself - that’s the only thing holding him back.

I thought he did a bit of useful tracking back in the late stages.....good to see.

I think he has been a bit dissapointed with himself, in the past.....maybe getting fit, and working with Unai, will see a change.

Folk were writing off Almiron, not long ago, with Jack piling in......things change in football.

Phil needs a chance with Unai.

42 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Have been critical if he still has it but did well today. We have to hope it continues but good start

Did well today but tbf we were 2-0 up and in total control by the time he came on.

He just can't press like that for 90 mins which is why he cannot start games.

And  his age coupled with high wages we need to get him and others off the wage bill so Emery can start to build for the future.

While a brief cameo with a few flashes of good play is hardly the sign of good things to come, I really don't get all the hate and criticism Coutinho has got in about the last year.  

Some of his play when when he first came was sublime. He then went pretty shit/inaffective but you really have to consider how awful we were as a team for a long time under Gerrard. 

He isn't a player who is going to carry a team and yes you can't rely on his pressing/defensive game but I've never written off the potential impact he still has. There was glimpses of his hunger more than anything just prior to the World Cup and Emery when he could see the world cup slipping away and got a chance.

I can't see where he starts though in the team that has played the last couple of games. I suppose Buendia or a push Bailey. I still think he cand have a very important part to play.

Edited by AlwaysAVFC
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

While a brief cameo with a few flashes of good play is hardly the sign of good things to come, I really don't get all the hate and criticism Coutinho has got in about the last year.  

Some of his play when when he first came was sublime. He then went pretty shit/inaffective but you really have to consider how awful we were as a team for a long time under Gerrard. 

He isn't a player who is going to carry a team and yes you can't rely on his pressing/defensive game but I've never written the potential impact he still has. There was glimpses of his hunger more than anything just prior to the World Cup and Emery when he could see the world cup slipping away and got a chance.

I can't see where he starts though in the team that has played the last couple of games. I suppose Buendia or a push Bailey. I still think he cand have a very important part to play.

I think he comes with unfair expectations due to his past status and he also gets a black mark next to his name for being pals with the man we all despise, who also brought him in. It isn’t fair at all and he deserves a crack. He isn’t that old and he clearly has talent. 

10 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

the turn inside that he did at 30 seconds in this vid is one of his moves that really stood out for me.

I said to my missus as soon as he did it, the guy is running in to a 2 man spurs culdesac from a cleared ball, and then just turns inside and sells them both down the river, it looks so simple, but it just shows that when he's firing his football IQ is just on a different level.

I really hope he does well under Emery.

Â