Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

He isn't good enough anymore. Apart from a very small selection of games, he hasn't been good during his entire spell here. 

Coutinho isn't suddenly going to start playing well now. Move him on and get it over with. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Farlz said:

He isn't good enough anymore. Apart from a very small selection of games, he hasn't been good during his entire spell here. 

Coutinho isn't suddenly going to start playing well now. Move him on and get it over with. 

Think this is the wrong perception to have.  We need to give him game time under emery before we completely right him off. Im happy to keep him until the summer and see if he improves by then

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I remember the excitement when we signed him and the subsequent few performances.  I'm not ready to give up on him yet.

Gerrard is a dreadful manager. If Emery can’t get a tune out of Coutinho then fair enough. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Looked quite lively in the recent training video. Hopefully that’s a sign of things to come.

That's at least what you'd want out of him, if hes struggling with the pace of the PL that's one thing but you'd still like to think the likes of kadan young train with him every day and come away from it thinking this is what it's all about

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Let’s see him 2nd half, hopefully for Buendia.

Buendia has been virtually playing rb for most of first half.  Obviously instructions from Emry.  I doubt Couthino would do it, hence game plan would fall apart 

3 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Buendia has been virtually playing rb for most of first half.  Obviously instructions from Emry.  I doubt Couthino would do it, hence game plan would fall apart 

If the game plan is to play for a 0-0 draw, sure. I’d like to see us change things to try and win it, wouldn’t you?

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If the game plan is to play for a 0-0 draw, sure. I’d like to see us change things to try and win it, wouldn’t you?

Yeah but we are playing to try and nick it 1-0.  We are playing a back 6 at times with to CDM’s

10 minutes ago, Spoony said:

We still planning to completely write him off whilst giving everyone else a chance?

Really hustled today. Fighting for a place in the team and tbh I’d take him over Buendia based on this. 

He came on against tired players. Buendia scored and played his part and deserves ti keep hod place 

Â