Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

2 hours ago, villanmac said:

God, we've definitely stepped up from the days of getting excited about Instagram pics of Nakamba and Milot Rashica.

To be fair, they were some of the funniest moments on the site I've seen. 

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Straight up embarrassing not to include Coutinho here - more so to include Bruno from Newcastle who’s only played for a half a season 

Unbelievable, it really is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Straight up embarrassing not to include Coutinho here - more so to include Bruno from Newcastle who’s only played for a half a season 

Trying to be relevant, but excluding him (most expensive player sold from the PL) and Juninho (brazilian footballer of the year) are such glaring omissions that it proves what a farce they are.

Edit: juninho didn't win pots, he came second behind zola

Edited by MrBlack

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

As I said in the media thread they know exactly what they're doing 

Trending due to people genuinely discussing it or trending due to outrage they don't care the social media team have done their job 

Exactly. TalkSport are the masters of it! 

• Like 3

Its an interesting discussion though - what 5 Brazilians should be on there?

I'd say Coutinho, Firmino, Juninho, Fernandinho and Gilberto Silva.

Then you have Willian, Oscar, Ramires and David Luiz... probably loads more! 

I've not even considered goalkeepers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 29/06/2022 at 20:46, Dodgyknees said:

Always find it weird to pop into this section and see his name, then I remember he plays for us 🥰

I start remembering his Inter Milan days when we were linked to buy him or Kiyotake and ended up with no one. I think it was 2013 Lambert days.

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I start remembering his Inter Milan days when we were linked to buy him or Kiyotake and ended up with no one. I think it was 2013 Lambert days.

We got Simon Dawkins instead 😂

7 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Haha yep I remember that too 

7 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Not as good as the sneijder or huntelaar days 

The hunterlinger spotted in the crowd was peak VT 

• Like 1

On 30/06/2022 at 15:57, villa4europe said:

As I said in the media thread they know exactly what they're doing 

Trending due to people genuinely discussing it or trending due to outrage they don't care the social media team have done their job 

Given that the comments are mostly Liverpool fans posting pics and videos of Coutinho, you might be right.

When we brought him in January it felt like our biggest ever signing and I didn't really think we had much chance of signing him permanently at the time, wasn't too bothered, not because I didn't think he was a good player, but because I thought just to get him loan was an unbelievable move for us and even it wasn't long-term it still gave a good indication of our owners ambitions and the direction we're moving in as a club, but to actually sign him on a permanent deal is unbelievably cracking news.

• Like 1

On 30/06/2022 at 15:36, MrBlack said:

Trying to be relevant, but excluding him (most expensive player sold from the PL) and Juninho (brazilian footballer of the year) are such glaring omissions that it proves what a farce they are.

Edit: juninho didn't win pots, he came second behind zola

He won it in 96/97, the year Boro got relegated. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

He won it in 96/97, the year Boro got relegated. 

Ahh, i thought he had but then couldnt find out when... in that case, I stand by my original statement then. Either way, Sky being their usual clickbaiting selves.

• Like 1

Â