Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I don't understand. Why aren't other clubs hijacking our not worth the paper it's written on option to buy? 

So how does an option to buy work again. Let’s restart that discussion.

• Haha 3

Extremely excited about this both for the commercial deal we got, and for the sheer fact of signing Coutino permanently.

I think some aren't quite as excited as they were because of the blocking of Buendia. I'm as big a fan of Emi as they come but there will be plenty of game time for both.

It seems guaranteed SG and his staff will return to 4-3-2-1 at more points next season, we've got a faint feel recently for how much betters Gerrard's style of play is better with a proper 6 and I'm sure that will also make the two 10 formation far more feasible to play.

Coutinho is having to drop far too deep to get on the ball for him to most effective in his most recent run, a big problem is our ball retention in midfield - Coutinho is easily our most comfortable player with that alongside Luiz but with another technically secure 6 like rumoured Kamara or Bissouma I think we'd see far more of the prime Coutinho.

You can see from the graphic we're not getting him attacking the box as much as we should so next season could be really exciting. Despite his recent goal contributions Coutinho has still been an extremely good chance creator since he joined.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Clearly a very talented player. 

I think the key is how we deploy him. I don't think playing him every week and running him into the ground will work.

I'd give every penny I own for that long range dipping shot to have gone in last night - imagine the noise ! .....never mind. 

This is simply what i am waiting for. He has scored 5 or 6 of those every season and has done for Brazil and Barca this season. Just not for us yet. Its gonna happen and as you say when it does theres going to be carnage . 

• Like 2

Â