Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

If I were him I’d be getting the **** away from us now his career is on track. I swear we are cursed. Any glimpse of positivity is quickly snuffed out. See, just from this season, the Smith/Shakespeare/Grealish Villa fan love in to the Gerrard/Coutinho/Digne revolution. Everything always VERY quickly goes to shit at Villa. I wonder what the next false dawn will be. 

22 hours ago, Spoony said:

I swear we are cursed. Any glimpse of positivity is quickly snuffed out. See, just from this season, the Smith/Shakespeare/Grealish Villa fan love in to the Gerrard/Coutinho/Digne revolution. Everything always VERY quickly goes to shit at Villa. I wonder what the next false dawn will be. 

It does feel like this sometimes. As a fanbase we are seriously due some luck and a good run.

22 hours ago, Spoony said:

If I were him I’d be getting the **** away from us now his career is on track. I swear we are cursed. Any glimpse of positivity is quickly snuffed out. 

He's played like 4 games for us and all of a sudden his career is back on track, he should get the f*CK away from us and we're doomed?

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

He is never going to sign for us with the team playing like this, we need to show much more quality to keep him in the summer.

The worst possible scenario is signing him and Gerrard leaving.

He'll immediately want to leave.

1 hour ago, Wurzel said:

He is never going to sign for us with the team playing like this, we need to show much more quality to keep him in the summer.

I’d be more surprised if he doesn’t sign for us.  He’s here because of Gerrard, he wants to feel loved and will want to buy into the project.  Everything we’ve heard from him he seems a shy guy who knows it didn’t work out at Barca and wants to feel loved by a manager.  If Gerrard is here then so will be Coutinho imo, and despite results, Gerrard is going nowhere soon.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

The worst possible scenario is signing him and Gerrard leaving.

He'll immediately want to leave.

Where is Gerrard going? Best opportunity for him here, if he left now he wouldn’t get such a high profile job after this start and there is no way Purslow is firing him in the next year because he loves him.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I actually don't think he's been that positive for us so far.

A bit early.  First two games he definitely was a positive but less so the last two games.  That a good ratio this early into his career as a new signing.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

A bit early.  First two games he definitely was a positive but less so the last two games.  That a good ratio this early into his career as a new signing.

I don't think we've looked a better team with him in. He hasn't had a big impact on us. 

Yes, some moments of pure class but apart from Leeds, I don't think he's impacted on a game. 

We've looked much worse in the final 3rd since he's started  

Edited by DCJonah

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Where is Gerrard going? Best opportunity for him here, if he left now he wouldn’t get such a high profile job after this start and there is no way Purslow is firing him in the next year because he loves him.

Yeah I meant sacked rather than leaving.

He'll be sacked if we spend £200m this summer and are bottom after 8 games.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't think we've looked a better team with him in. He hasn't had a big impact on us. 

Yes, some moments of pure class but apart from Leeds, I don't think he's impacted on a game. 

and Man U, he came on and him and JJ got us the draw.

I think we’ve looked incredibly poor in the final third all season so I don’t think we’ve looked worse because I’m not sure that’s possible.  I think he’s affected 2 games and not affected 2 games which for me, at a new club and lack of fitness I’m ok with.

Are we good in the final third generally? No but I’m not putting that down to Coutinho’s but a number of things including the players.

I think he has a lot more to offer and a bit more time he’ll be at full speed.  What that means I don’t know but he’s a class player so I’m hoping positive things.  I think also there are so many players off form at the moment it’s getting harder to judge one player individually.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I actually don't think he's been that positive for us so far.

I mean looking at it's simply, results have been worse since he signed and that's been against poorer teams too. Hopefully we can collectively turn it around.

Be fair on him, he is did well yesterday he is better creative side compare to Buendia which he keep waste on passing killer when they sit too deep, should've play 1-2-1 rather try killer passing. when we try play 1-2-1 Ings was live and good feet better that Watkins miles away. (good news watkins come on and see finally hungry in him as he don't want bench again - yet for me Ings is better of two) 

we need the DM (Specific; Midfield Destroyer with Playmaker from deep) will turn our team to better battle in midfield zone as yesterday we pressure Watford well from start until Luiz, into 2vs3 and they have Sissako which make our midfield quiet even sit too deep, when we need good flair we have Buendia and Countiho. I would try play Tim Iroegbunam as we missing out Marvellous. This is key of Gerrard system, so next week he should start him and we should've play Sanson and Gerrard need to got grow pair of the Balls to stop begin favouritism and drop McGinn; he is poor in our ball possession but he did ok on non-Possession games.

Yesterday, Gerrard decide sub Cash for Young is one of two mistake he make (Luiz for Watkins is other mistake) when should have Sanson and move McGinn to centre holding midfield roles due Watford still sit back line most of games. Bailey come on i think pointless cos they sit too deep and compact it is make easy defend against bailey. 

we need show Countiho why he should've stay with us next 5 games. Archer is prefect type striker for Countiho. 

also i notice that Ramsey sit back bit lots yesterday i think Gerrard told him stay back and learn mistake Leeds but Watford sit too deep and rely on wide pace up.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

My biggest issue with coutinho at the moment is how he fades the longer the game goes. Clearly stilla  fitness issue and he cant do the 90 minutes yet. That should change hopefully more games he gets

You see how involved Buendia is harrying players when we’re out of possession and after 60 mins coutinho looked leggy and wasn’t pressuring as much.

14 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Him and Buendia hasn't clicked as I thought it would.

Harsh on Buendia as he was excellent through January but he's dipped a bit so I'd leave him out for Brighton and just give Coutinho a free role off the CF.

Get the feeling Gerrard will panic a bit now and start Young for his experience but at least that should give Coutinho more licence to get on the ball and do his stuff.

14 hours ago, nick76 said:

I’d be more surprised if he doesn’t sign for us.  He’s here because of Gerrard, he wants to feel loved and will want to buy into the project.  Everything we’ve heard from him he seems a shy guy who knows it didn’t work out at Barca and wants to feel loved by a manager.  If Gerrard is here then so will be Coutinho imo, and despite results, Gerrard is going nowhere soon.

Exactly. Coutinho isn’t here to start a whole new career, looking for moves to big clubs. He’s done that and didn’t like it, plus he is 30 in a few months. The reason why he’s here, aside from Gerrard, is that he needs game time before the World Cup (which is a big deal to all players but even more to south americans for some reason).

The danger, if you want to call it that, isn’t as I see it Coutinho looking for a move in summer, but that his desire to play in general may drop after December when the World Cup is over.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

14 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Him and Buendia hasn't clicked as I thought it would.

Harsh on Buendia as he was excellent through January but he's dipped a bit so I'd leave him out for Brighton and just give Coutinho a free role off the CF.

Get the feeling Gerrard will panic a bit now and start Young for his experience but at least that should give Coutinho more licence to get on the ball and do his stuff.

We need buendias energy and pressing. 

Starts over coutinho all day. 

• Like 2

Â