Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

43 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Coutinho: "I really like it here. I missed the Premier League & the people here. I don't want to live in the past, I'm here at a great club & I want to give my best & enjoy my football here. The atmosphere in the stadium is incredible, it's amazing."

Coutinho on Gerrard: "We spoke a lot before I came. He spoke about the club/ambitions/fans, his ambitions & for sure it was what I wanted. I decided very quickly. I'm here now and I'm very happy at the moment."

Coutinho: "[Gerrard's ambitions are] to give our best. We have a great squad we have great players and we know we can be in a better position than we are now, that's what we are working for. His ambition is to go up, day by day, game by game."

Coutinho: "We want to be in the first position, for now we know it's a little bit long, but our ambition is always to be the best we can be. It's always nice when you have someone who believes in you. I want to give the best to repay that confidence on the pitch."

Coutinho on Jacob Ramsey: "He's a top player. He's very young and he's playing really well. I really enjoy playing with him and with all my team-mates. If I can help him, I will try to do my best. For sure, he has a great future."

👌👌👌

Where did you read this?

5 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Great quote here from Jamie Carragher

“To walk away from a club where the fans and manager adore him once would be careless. Doing it again would be reckless.”

lets hope thats true!!

We need to build a team around Coutinho & Buendia imo.

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’d add JJ to that duo as well

yeah, would agree with that, but on that basis, we might say we need to build a team around Martinez, Digne, Ramsey, Coutinho & Buendia :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Great quote here from Jamie Carragher

“To walk away from a club where the fans and manager adore him once would be careless. Doing it again would be reckless.”

Came on here excited to post..... See you've beaten me by hours, I'm in terrible form these days 😂. Late on everything. Class from Carragher though, seems he's always had a soft spot for us whenever I've seen him talk about us, even before Gerrard, except when we play Pool!

FB_IMG_1644669095762-min.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Do you wear a face mask in the car on your own?

To be fair, I do.

I have chronic Sinusitis | Tinnitus | ENT respiratory + allergy problems and live in the desert though!

Fun and jokes aside, I remember in the past, before Covid was a thing, I always used to see Asians wearing masks in the airport.

At the time I thought it was bizarre, turns out, they were onto something. lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair, I do.

I have chronic Sinusitis | Tinnitus | ENT respiratory + allergy problems and live in the desert though!

Fun and jokes aside, I remember in the past, before Covid was a thing, I always used to see Asians wearing masks in the airport.

At the time I thought it was bizarre, turns out, they were onto something. lol

I worked with a guy from Hong Kong and he couldn't believe how rude and uncaring everyone was in the UK that walked about with obvious colds and didn't wear masks.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Coutinho: "I really like it here. I missed the Premier League & the people here. I don't want to live in the past, I'm here at a great club & I want to give my best & enjoy my football here. The atmosphere in the stadium is incredible, it's amazing."

Coutinho on Gerrard: "We spoke a lot before I came. He spoke about the club/ambitions/fans, his ambitions & for sure it was what I wanted. I decided very quickly. I'm here now and I'm very happy at the moment."

Coutinho: "[Gerrard's ambitions are] to give our best. We have a great squad we have great players and we know we can be in a better position than we are now, that's what we are working for. His ambition is to go up, day by day, game by game."

Coutinho: "We want to be in the first position, for now we know it's a little bit long, but our ambition is always to be the best we can be. It's always nice when you have someone who believes in you. I want to give the best to repay that confidence on the pitch."

Coutinho on Jacob Ramsey: "He's a top player. He's very young and he's playing really well. I really enjoy playing with him and with all my team-mates. If I can help him, I will try to do my best. For sure, he has a great future."

👌👌👌

“We want to be in the first position “.

Title challenge next season here we come! - ‘‘twas a joke don’t get your underclangers in a twist.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I worked with a guy from Hong Kong and he couldn't believe how rude and uncaring everyone was in the UK that walked about with obvious colds and didn't wear masks.

Mate, you know what. This whole Covid thing, has made me realise how careless we are with our hygiene in general.

Even things like shaking hands, handling money, touching random doorknobs etc have taken on new meaning.

The amount of germs we encounter constantly , I'm sanitising all the time now. 😂 and get paranoid when I've forgotten to.

• Like 1

At the risk of reigniting the contract debate, that Carragher comment gives the impression that he thinks Coutinho could walk away. In theory. Hence the italicising.

Now he might be as in the dark in that regard as us on here, but it doesn’t seem that far fetched to think he has a reasonable understanding of how these things work.

Unless of course by walking away he means Coutinho joining Villa permanently then leaving. But I don’t think he means that.

If you disagree, or think that it’s confirmation bias, that’s cool.

3 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

At the risk of reigniting the contract debate, that Carragher comment gives the impression that he thinks Coutinho could walk away. In theory. Hence the italicising.

Now he might be as in the dark in that regard as us on here, but it doesn’t seem that far fetched to think he has a reasonable understanding of how these things work.

Unless of course by walking away he means Coutinho joining Villa permanently then leaving. But I don’t think he means that.

If you disagree, or think that it’s confirmation bias, that’s cool.

i think its a multi-layered meaning thing from Carragher, lets not forget that Carragher and Gerrard are very good friends.

1) He's stating a fact, Coutinho probably would turn the clock back if he could, and that he probably does at least in part, regret leaving Liverpool, where he was loved and adored.

2) Carragher has no doubt had many conversations with his very good friend Gerrard, Carragher might know that Gerrard wants to keep him, so Carragher is doing the "good pundit friend" thing, and gently reminding Coutinho that..."you wanna stay with Gerrard mate".

3) Gerrard really wants to keep Coutinho, so he is doing all he can, both within the club, and through his media friends to...."help Coutinho make the right decision"...aka: stay at Villa this summer.

47 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate, you know what. This whole Covid thing, has made me realise how careless we are with our hygiene in general.

Even things like shaking hands, handling money, touching random doorknobs etc have taken on new meaning.

The amount of germs we encounter constantly , I'm sanitising all the time now. 😂 and get paranoid when I've forgotten to.

Isn't that what the immune system is for? Not worldwide pandemics, but protecting us from dirty banknotes and doorknobs and the day to day grime of life. Otherwise you'd end up locked away like Howard Hughes! 

• Like 2

Â