Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

12 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

welcome philippe - here's a song about grealish

admittedly i'm not creative enough to make a better alternative, but surely we can do better for possibly the biggest signing in a generation?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

admittedly i'm not creative enough to make a better alternative, but surely we can do better for possibly the biggest signing in a generation?

Give us chance to get him in, I think we'll have something ready for the weekend, praying he gets some minutes 

11 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

I agree but I also love that it's simple to learn for those that will only hear it for the first time in the stadium and want to join in, will get the fans chanting early on Saturday, welcomes Coutinho and has a little dig at our ex-player as well...all in all a brilliant little catchy chant!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Ermmm.  It's not a song about Grealish?  It's a song about Coutinho saying he's better than our Goat.

It's like saying why did we have a song about Cafu for Alan Hutton or a song about Sean Wright Phillips and Aaron Lennon for Ashley Young.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

It's only a 6 month loan...! 😐 

54 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Ermmm.  It's not a song about Grealish?  It's a song about Coutinho saying he's better than our Goat.

It's like saying why did we have a song about Cafu for Alan Hutton or a song about Sean Wright Phillips and Aaron Lennon for Ashley Young.

Agreed, even the SJM song references Zidane. Can’t see the problem. Typical VT looking for a negative that doesn’t exist. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It's only a 6 month loan...! 😐 

That’s why we’re loaning this from George Michael. In the meantime Nigel Kennedy will be working on a violin concerto in G minor, while the Holte End get singing lessons from Gareth Malone. Show a little patience man!

7 minutes ago, Awol said:

Just listening to his agent talking to Jordan on TalkSport and it’s quite interesting. Once he spoke to SG then Coutinho only wanted to come to Villa despite taking a pay cut, when other Prem clubs were offering to pay his whole salary. Also sounds like he wants to be here on a perm deal after the summer. 

got a link m8?

17 minutes ago, Awol said:

Just listening to his agent talking to Jordan on TalkSport and it’s quite interesting. Once he spoke to SG then Coutinho only wanted to come to Villa despite taking a pay cut, when other Prem clubs were offering to pay his whole salary. Also sounds like he wants to be here on a perm deal after the summer. 

I’ve heard he has taken a significant pay cut for the agreed permanent deal should we exercise it.  

I struggle to see how other sides could afford or would be willing to pay his entire salary. The only club who probably could is Newcastle. From what the agent said it sounded as though there was a queue of sides willing to do so. Plus, with it being a loan, his salary would be met anyway because Barca would be picking up the remainder… bit confusing all this! Don’t know what’s what. 

Edited by Tayls

Â