Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Villa posting the 2015 FA cup semi has to be a hint.  There's no other reason to reference it today.

My thoughts exactly - especially with their timing yesterday of the kids playing Liverpool last year minutes after Liverpool got their game called off. 

Just now, alreadyexists said:

If the purchase of him is compulsory then it’s not a loan, it’s a purchase with a delayed payment… what would be the point of that form anyone point of view?

I think I know one party it would suit!

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Villa posting the 2015 FA cup semi has to be a hint.  There's no other reason to reference it today.

They are just admin mate they know nothing but probably just trying to get fans like you excited with little potential clues. On a different note what number do you think he would want? With a signing like him he would demand what he wanted right? So we’d need to free up 10 or maybe he would want 14 which he is at Barca and is free because Conor is gone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hobbit Feet said:

On a different note what number do you think he would want? With a signing like him he would demand what he wanted right? So we’d need to free up 10 or maybe he would want 14 which he is at Barca and is free because Conor is gone.

Is the #24 jersey retired after Aleksandar Tonev? If not maybe he could be allowed to use that.

2 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Bloody hate that Kaveh chap. He knows F all and him having a job at Sky is a waste of money

Just watched the clip and the way he pronounces the word “club” is like nails  on a blackboard. Proper ring-sniffer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I think I know one party it would suit!

Barça? I suppose they would get a fee, but he’s probably not worth anywhere near what they paid for him. What would be the point in saying it’s a loan though, just say he’s for sale?

Edited by alreadyexists

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Doubt Coutinho will ever come close to the level of player he was before he moved from Liverplop and especially before those injuries. But if he can be like say Juninho was when he returned to Middlesbrough then he'll still be useful.

As one or two said earlier, some of the best players in the PL are in their late 20s early 30s, so it's probably a wrong assumption to think Coutinho won't be able to reach a world class level for us. 

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

As one or two said earlier, some of the best players in the PL are in their late 20s early 30s, so it's probably a wrong assumption to think Coutinho won't be able to reach a world class level for us. 

Most of those guys have not been bit part players for the last 4 seasons while also suffering major injuries and having surgery.

If we sign him I'd be delighted if he could reach good top half PL quality. World class would be surprising to say the least.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Most of those guys have not been bit part players for the last 4 seasons while also suffering major injuries and having surgery.

If we sign him I'd be delighted if he could reach good top half PL quality. World class would be surprising to say the least.

Same for me but the problem is if he can get back to that level or even similar fitness levels. His last full 90 minutes was October 2020

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Same for me but the problem is if he can get back to that level or even similar fitness levels. His last full 90 minutes was October 2020

I've nothing against a loan deal (apart from it helping Barcelona to keep on cheating) but it feels unfair to the guy if people are expecting him to be world class.

Edited by sne

55 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

And that they’re likely going down… I doubt he’ll join a team that’s won one game all season and has Eddie Who has a manager.

This shouldn’t be forgotten, who in their right mind would choose to work with Eddie Howe rather than SG? 

42 minutes ago, nick76 said:

If this happens and Gerrard can get the best out of him then he’s the closet thing in replacement to Jack we could imagine at our level.  

He literally was sold for £142m and if he can play anywhere near where he was then he’s as good as Jack in raw ability…the question will be, can Gerrard get him back to that level.

Even at a level lower he would be our best outfield player but yes if it went wrong it would be an expensive fail.  

I like that we are trying, he has the connection with Gerrard and there is potentially massive upside.

For me, this is a no brainer and will be delighted if we get him.

I think a loan to buy covers us for that though. If he performs well for remainder of season then it's a good deal. If not we don't buy

• Like 1

Â