New Years Weekends Football 1/2 January/Midweek Football 3/6 January

andykeenan

1 minute ago, Jonesy7211 said:

When a ref's performance is this "inconsistent", they should be put in front of the media to justify the decisions they've made. There's zero accountability. If I was an Arsenal fan I'd be furious today, the ref has been appalling.

Agree and WE get this crap against the scum6 everytime we play them.

1 minute ago, Jonesy7211 said:

When a ref's performance is this "inconsistent", they should be put in front of the media to justify the decisions they've made. There's zero accountability. If I was an Arsenal fan I'd be furious today, the ref has been appalling.

That's the big problem. They should make it more like cricket and rugby where the decision making is clear and open to everyone to hear. There should also be retrospective punishments for Refs, like yellow cards and after a certain amount they get a ban. With no consequences for the Refs there is going to be inconsistencies

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

But the shirt pull doesn’t make him fall over. What is this logic?! He’s already in the air when the shirt pull happens. For a foul to be a foul, the contact has to cause it. 

Xhaka putting his entire leg in Silva's way doesn't exactly help his case. I think it was soft, but with the shirt pull added the case for a pen is 50/50 for me.

• Like 1

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

That's the big problem. They should make it more like cricket and rugby where the decision making is clear and open to everyone to hear. There should also be retrospective punishments for Refs, like yellow cards and after a certain amount they get a ban. With no consequences for the Refs there is going to be inconsistencies

With Rugby it's not just the process that's right, but the referee will actively ask the TMO if he agrees with his decision. It's usually beyond reproach (unless you're playing against a SH team 😀)

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Xhaka putting his entire leg in Silva's way doesn't exactly help his case. I think it was soft, but with the shirt pull added the case for a pen is 50/50 for me.

It was soft, but Xhaka made it an easy call. No shirt pull and I expect no pen. Stupid by Xhaka

• Like 1

Just now, Jonesy7211 said:

With Rugby it's not just the process that's right, but the referee will actively ask the TMO if he agrees with his decision. It's usually beyond reproach (unless you're playing against a SH team 😀)

And the full in-game VAR experience is much better for the fans. We are kept in the loop of what is happening and it appears less intrusive to the overall game

• Like 1

I mean, it's bad enough City are as good as they are, but they always seem to get the rub of the green which just compounds the pain. 

I used to have a soft spot for Citeh back in the days of Bell and Marsh, but now, even their scintillating football just annoys me.

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

It was soft, but Xhaka made it an easy call. No shirt pull and I expect no pen. Stupid by Xhaka

he does dumb shit like this all the time. such a liability.

• Like 1

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

I mean, it's bad enough City are as good as they are, but they always seem to get the rub of the green which just compounds the pain. 

A lot of their 'rub of the green' is a bit like Gary Player. The more he practices the luckier he gets. The fact that they are such a good footballing team pushed the opposition to take more risk and hence they get more fouls and pens etc

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

But the same logic wasn't applied to Arsenal's penalty shout, nor has the same logic been applied with the bookings, or lack thereof, for either team.

It's not the decision, it's the inconsistency that usually favours certain teams.

8 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I almost think they need to introduce a rule to counter act tactical fouling where if a player makes X amount of fouls they are given a booking. Not sure what that X value is, but something like 3 or 5 would do. 

That is an actual rule already. (For everyone else except City.)

8 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I almost think they need to introduce a rule to counter act tactical fouling where if a player makes X amount of fouls they are given a booking. Not sure what that X value is, but something like 3 or 5 would do. 

There is a rule but refs dont seem to use it

A lot of their 'rub of the green' is a bit like Gary Player. The more he practices the luckier he gets. The fact that they are such a good footballing team pushed the opposition to take more risk and hence they get more fouls and pens etc

No.

Against us they had something like 70% possession - but committed 50% more fouls than us. They got not 1 yellow in that game. We got a few.

That's not practice - that's bias.

• Like 3

That maybe so. But it doesn't ease the pain of watching it.

• Like 1

Â