Pre match thread

ender4

1 hour ago, 5-1 said:

I just hope they announce what's happing soon. I've got Covid so can't go but don't want to put my seat up for resale like Burnley on the chance its rescheduled and i lose my seat 

I doubt someone would buy it anyway with all the uncertainty and covid fears.

Not sure either team could field a full 11 for this unless we raid the U23s. We could probably have a good 5-a-side match vs Chelsea down a Powerleague instead though? I’m guessing it’s cancelled given how pissy Chelsea were at having to play Wolves yday. 

Update on the political environment - ministers have delayed a decision on bringing in any coviod curbs prior to christmas. Likely to be a 2 week circuit breaker lockdown after chritmas, probably starting from 28th december. This means that theoretically, the boxing day game v chelsea at home should go ahead. However I am sure both clubs will be petitioning it to be moved, so who knows. I don't think either squad will be in good shape tbh

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Looks like this is now likely to go ahead if both teams have 13 fit players plus a goalkeeper available.

Yes, the Premier League has dug its heels in again. Thanks Premier League. It's breaking BBC news now, mentioning "13 fit players".

15 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

if our squad is really depleted is it not better to just not turn up and take the 3-0 loss?

At least we should have El Ghazi and Sanson back unless covid has left them feeling tired.

Edited by robby b

If it’s Martinez as our goalie I like those odds of Martinez and our academy vs Mendy and their academy 😉

Barkley didn’t even make the Villa bench sometimes last year.

don’t get me wrong-13 and goalie seems a bit ridiculous.

Edited by villaslash

21 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Exactly, Chelsea wanted to postpone the game because they were forced to name Barkley in their squad who was a first teamer for us last season. 

Their first 11 was still ridiculously good. Premier league must  have laughed at their request to postpone the game. 

• Like 1