Midweek Football 14/16 December

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Regardless of the incident and whether there was any fault with Liverpool or Newcastle or whoever, to see two posts that close together that claim Mike Dean refereed brilliantly and Liverpool did the right thing is extraordinary, I'm just waiting for one thanking Boris for his honesty!

What a time to be alive!

Did you see it? 

1 minute ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Hayden lay down on the 6 yard box holding his head when there was zero head contact following a coming together with Lascelles, Liverpool and Dean ignored him and played on.

I’d tear his head off in the changing room at HT if I were Eddie Howe. It’s probably cost them a goal.

The funny thing is I’ve started seeing that kind of thing (lying motionless in a heap) in kids football more and more. Game gets stopped and the player pops up onto his feet absolutely fine.

Really pisses me off. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, useless said:

Liverpool goal rightly stood, there wasn't enough time between the clash and goal for the referee to able to make a decision on whether it was an head injury or not. And looking at the replay it looked like the Newcastle player might have been trying to get the game stopped anyway.

If we'd have scored that goal and it had been disallowed there would understandaby be a meltdown. It's easy to say 'big club' bias when a decision goes in their favor but in this instance it was the correct decision.

Edited by useless

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Did you see it? 

Nope - and the point I'm making isn't about whether it was correct - it's the sheer shock of seeing those two things posted almost one after the other, it's extraordinary.

Like waking up to find the front of the newspapers reporting that Joe Root can fly.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Newcastle fans think he is very overrated by outsiders 

Saint Maximin is a very giffable footballer.  He's basically another Adama Traore.   I'm not sure he'd get in the Villa team, for all the really good dribbles there are the times where he doesn't contribute defensively.   He's got good assist per 90 stats because everything goes through him at Newcastle, but he's at best a mid table Premier League footballer.   

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I'd rather him than Bailey. Lets just hope our guy comes good.

I would like to give Bailey a chance first. He has hardly played for us. He has tons of pace and if we can see more of the Bailey we saw for 20 mins against Everton I think I would prefer our Jamaican to ASM

Everton defend for their lives for 70 minutes then your DM sprints forward loses the ball and you concede 

Absolute ridiculous. Dull as dishwater game. Everton getting exactly what they want and then all of sudden decide to really let the game get stretched.

Utterly moronic.

Â