Midweek Football 14/16 December

andykeenan

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I thought he took a bang on the head from someone's hip tbh - and there's no chance anyone knows he's "fine".  The game should've been stopped.

Why?

Defenders would literally go down after any collision/contact in the box if this was the precedent. Already a massive increase in it this season imo 

• Like 2

Just now, sne said:

Correct. But 100% the goal would not have stood on the other end had Plop player gone down.

I wouldn’t necessarily disagree but refereeing bias is a whole other topic and shouldn’t make us want to see bad decisions “to even things out”.

2 minutes ago, penguin said:

Why?

Defenders would literally go down after any collision/contact in the box if this was the precedent. Already a massive increase in it this season imo 

Because it's a potential head injury.  The game should be stopped.

FWIW, if it's cheating, the player should then be punished (as Max Aarons should've been against us).

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Eddie Howe so wrong for Newcastle. Allardyce would have been better.

They should have paid Burnley whatever compensation they wanted to get Dyche to keep them up this season and get them to finish 16th next season. The given him a 10m payoff and employed an elite manager.

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

They should have paid Burnley whatever compensation they wanted to get Dyche to keep them up this season and get them to finish 16th next season. The given him a 10m payoff and employed an elite manager.

Dyche is not what their fans wanted but exactly what the club needed. 

Just now, villalad21 said:

Dyche is not what their fans wanted but exactly what the club needed. 

I agree. The fans would have gone mad. They wanted Conte or similar but they think they are competing with Man City when they are actually competing with the likes of the baggies. It will take them quite a few years to get this right. It will be entertaining watching the cock ups unfold. No doubt the will sack Howe in the next 12 months and start the merry go round again

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I've been watching the Chelsea game, but surely this can't be right?

If you want to have a winners mentality you win at all cost. 

Playing unfairly if you have to. Whatever it takes to win. 

If you look at that Leeds incident a few years ago and the roles reversed I would not have given them a goal back. No way. 

Edited by villalad21

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Playing unfairly if you have to. 

If you look at that Leeds incident a few years ago and the roles reversed I would not have given them a goal back. No way. 

Liverpool did nothing wrong. You play to the whistle. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Playing unfairly if you have to. Whatever it takes to win. 

Sure you wouldn't have given the 7 on Tuesday either of you had your way 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I agree. The fans would have gone mad. They wanted Conte or similar but they think they are competing with Man City when they are actually competing with the likes of the baggies. It will take them quite a few years to get this right. It will be entertaining watching the cock ups unfold. No doubt the will sack Howe in the next 12 months and start the merry go round again

They wanted sexy football. 

Problem for them is front foot football in their case means conceding on average 2 goals per game. 

You need a foundation before you can start to decorate. 

• Like 1

Regardless of the incident and whether there was any fault with Liverpool or Newcastle or whoever, to see two posts that close together that claim Mike Dean refereed brilliantly and Liverpool did the right thing is extraordinary, I'm just waiting for one thanking Boris for his honesty!

What a time to be alive!

• Haha 2

Â